Help to id Breezy

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makaze

Reaction score
Hi. Can somebreezy expert please work out what this actual model is, guy seems a bit anti-tokai forum!

Not bothered re value as thats up to me, just not sure how to ensure this is an 80 model.

I love block logo and missed the last one on ebay.

Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-1983-Tokai-Breezy-Sound-TE60-guitar_W0QQitemZ230313502583QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Musical_Instruments_Instruments?hash=item230313502583&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A2%7C294%3A50

It's probably a TE-50. If it were a TE-80 it would have a nitrocellulose finish and a V-shaped neck, and most likely brass bridge saddles. The graphite nut is not original, but shouldn't radically add or detract from the value. If he claims it is nitro ask if he's confirmed it by testing with acetone. I'd bet money it's not...

You should also ask him to take the neck off for a photo of the neck stamps! And what the stamps on the bottoms of the pickups are.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
________

Last edited by a moderator:
nice. i always love how careful buyers who don't want to be ripped off by unscrupulous sellers are "tire [sic] kickers"... :roll: while there's CLEARLY nothing wrong with selling something as a higher model than it really is (coincidentally for more money, of course).

i wonder if he were buying would he accept a guitar if it weren't what it was described as? Oh yeah, he said himself in his ebay advert that he was pissed off when it was meant to be mint and it wasn't. Shouldn't that make him a tire [sic] -kicker too? :roll: maybe he won't be able to complete the transaction as he won't be able to deal with himself? :lol:

looks like a straight 1985 ST50/60 to me. I got 2 of them.

85/86 Logo
serial does not fit any more for 84
headstock slighlty wrong (as far as I can tell from the pics)
Deluxe Tuners
Skunk only to 70% of neck
bridge pup has no strings (as an 80 would have)
neck-curve looks wrong

Very good player, not collectible. CNC.

Rup

This is a classic vintage instrument and is priced accordingly, tire kickers or tokai forum fanatics will not get a hearing. :)
I love the way we're getting some notoriety..!!!
Obviously we have cost the dodgey Ebay sellers out there a few sale lately...this knobjockey included :D

likely 1,000 or more typed letters & punctuation in the item description, yet barely a word of description about the guitar; just idle rambling & rant

what an irritating **** .......................

HI Guys i hope that i can shed some light on this guitar,now i can't say for sure what model it is but ive bought 2 really nice guitars of him,1 was a springy st50,and the other was a ss48, he had told me over the phone that it was a ss42 and i know that he has sold another guitar to a guy and claimed it was a lower model but in fact was higher.Now, he being annoyed at forum members is most likely to be my fault because i always put the guitars that i plan to buy off him on the forum to be scrutinized and then come back to him with the info ive gathered and he usually gets the shits.....oh well :lol: ............... I wouldn't hesitate to contact him for i do not think he cares whom he sells it too.He does waffle on a little bit but i would do some research if your interested because i reckon it would at least be a te60. ...............Now what have we learned here,,,,,well fucked if i know.................Burn after reading...Nate

the_man said:
looks like a straight 1985 ST50/60 to me. I got 2 of them.

85/86 Logo
serial does not fit any more for 84
headstock slighlty wrong (as far as I can tell from the pics)
Deluxe Tuners
Skunk only to 70% of neck
bridge pup has no strings (as an 80 would have)
neck-curve looks wrong

Very good player, not collectible. CNC.

Rup

Rup, how can it be anything other than a 1983? That block logo was only used in 1983, wasn't it?

Mike

MIJvintage said:
likely 1,000 or more typed letters & punctuation in the item description, yet barely a word of description about the guitar; just idle rambling & rant

what an irritating c .......................

Very true! You really shouldn't use that word, even though it's accurate enough. :lol:

As for "French champagne", there isn't any other type of champagne. :-?

It's hugely expensive though, isn't it? A 1983 TE50 would sell for ?300 to ?400 in the UK.

Mike

Latest posts

Back