Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

79' CE-400 beauty!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Acoustics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
benzem
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject: 79' CE-400 beauty!!! Reply with quote

My newest and dearest. An absolutely stunning guitar. This thing kicks ass, in a civilized way!

[/img]
benzem
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops meant to show this pic

bonus!
megid
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beautiful!

I bet it plays like great and sounds wonderful.
benzem
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

megid wrote:
beautiful!

I bet it plays like great and sounds wonderful.

Sure does! Way beyond expectation.
LOVE it!
willennard
Plucker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Cats Eyes Acoustics - Solid Top Models Reply with quote

Hi all,

New to the forum.

Just wanting to know if ANYONE knows what Cats Eyes models (eg: CE200, CE300, CE400, CE500 etc...) have solid tops? I am thinking that in some point of the model numbering system and models themselves, they become solid tops (eg: from a particular model number onwards are solid tops).

Thanks for any input.

Cheers,

Wil
luis
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No solid top.I just rmember these Cat?s Eye sold very cheap a years ago I followed while I was writing my article.Then sellers got them and were selling on ebay for more than 200% up....... A Cat?s Eye with a solid top is expensive nowadays but it was expensive back when I got my CE-1000....and Cat?s Eye are scarcer than Reborns or Love Rocks. Very good acoustics if you know wich is the one to get....
benzem
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CE-400 above has a solid top.
willennard
Plucker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Cats Eyes solid tops Reply with quote

Benzem,

That sure does look solid to me! The give away is the consistancy of grain in your photo of the sound hole!

Thanks to ALL for the input, and if anyone has any other info, it will be appreciated.

Wil
togps
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All Cats eyes do feature a solid top.
Most of them as well solid sides and backs.
Let me check from what model no. solid sides and backs do start.
willennard
Plucker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:52 am    Post subject: Further info on Cats Eyes Solid Tops Reply with quote

Hi all,

Just got info from a Japanese contact that Cats Eyes Acoustics with Solid Tops (sound boards) start at, and include everyhting from CE-400 upwards. In addition, there is a CE-350 model that is also solid topped. Everythign below CE-400 is laminate (ie: CE-300, CE-200, CE-250 etc....)

So, all Cats Eyes DO NOT feature a solid top!

Wil
Bram
Plucker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luis wrote:
No solid top.I just rmember these Cat?s Eye sold very cheap a years ago I followed while I was writing my article.Then sellers got them and were selling on ebay for more than 200% up....... A Cat?s Eye with a solid top is expensive nowadays but it was expensive back when I got my CE-1000....and Cat?s Eye are scarcer than Reborns or Love Rocks. Very good acoustics if you know wich is the one to get....

I own an original, aged 1981 Tokai CE-1500...it's the greatest/sweetest sounding dreadnought I've ever played. It's a dream for fingerpicking/fingerstyle. ALL SOLID WOOD. Solid Spruce top, solid rosewood back/sides. Oh and did I mention about the neck? It's the greatest playing neck I've ever played too! Very solid guitar with a SWEET BELL-LIKE tone. I wouldn't trade it with any guitar, not even with a high end Lowden.

Here she is:

leadguitar_323
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have models in my catalogues that are lower than that and they have solid tops as well. There are 25 different models in just one catalogue i have so there are a whole lot more than the few you have mentioned. Forum member Togps is a Tokai dealer and has been for a long time, i'll stick with his info. A lot of the misinformation that is passed on this site actually comes from Japan....unless it comes from Tokai.

Mick
benzem
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bram wrote:
luis wrote:

I own an original, aged 1981 Tokai CE-1500...it's the greatest/sweetest sounding dreadnought I've ever played. It's a dream for fingerpicking/fingerstyle. ALL SOLID WOOD. Solid Spruce top, solid rosewood back/sides. Oh and did I mention about the neck? It's the greatest playing neck I've ever played too! Very solid guitar with a SWEET BELL-LIKE tone. I wouldn't trade it with any guitar, not even with a high end Lowden.

Here she is:

Beauty! And I totally agree about the neck and tone. Love that headstock inlay!
88' or 89' Burny "Luper Grade"
luis
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also had a CE-100 all solid wood,very good guitar.
I have to check about solid tops however I?d could have benn mistake with back and sides solid wood.....

All Cat?s Eyes CE-700 and above are all solid wood(indiand rosewood+sitka top)....I have check 2000?s catalogues and it does not say solid top anywhere on Humminbirds so my rule of thinking is it?s not solid if Tokai does not say solid top.....
MIJvintage
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

early CE-500 with a solid top; now residing in Sweden

"Yeah, yeah. We're in the bureau of beer and fire and cigarettes. And maybe some chicks, too." - Beavis
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Acoustics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: