EGF1000 VS EGF 1200, The difference

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DNS

Reaction score
The model number is the price tag.
The 120 000 yen model comes with a 15 000 yen case included.
So if you loose the case you're left with a EGF1050.
If someone has changed one of the DRY Z pickup's your left with a EGF 850. If the new pickup is useless..
Now that's the list price?s not the discounted ones you got if you bought the EGF1200 package. Wich probably included some more figure on the top (?) as well as the case and the Z's. So you would be left with somting slightly higer than EGF 850 but you get the idea.

So if you swap the PU-2's to DRY Z's in your EGF1000 and get a original case you have an EGF1250! :eek:

Just some math's.. :wink:

You're gonna make my head explode with all that. So if you buy a sweater for 100 bucks, why does the vest version cost more? :roll:

IMO... That if there were 2 guitars sitting in front of me an EGF-1000 and EGF-1200.... the choice would be obvious... That is the point of this thread.... :lol:

The 1200's only came in a honeyburst finish, looks much nicer than the CSB of the 1000's or 850's , normally better figuring on the top, a fatter neck and some magic I can't put my finger on. I've owned both an 850 and a 1000, and while they are great guitars, the 1200's I've played have just felt special!!

A set of DRY-Z's on a EGF-1000 will be a lovely guitar, but it won't be a 1200!

CliffsComicWorld said:
+10 JohnA..... 1200's are pure magic... What was there made maybe 500-750 EGF-1200's

I don't know the numbers but you've got one too many :wink:

When Mark F had a few I nearly pulled the trigger, but common sense got the better of me. I've kicked myself a few times since!!

John,.... I kick myself in the *** everyday.. I have been playing Les Pauls since.. 1974... I remember 3 times I had the chance to purchase a legend guitar... The Real Thing... #1 ..1981 I was playing in Seattle and I was offered Howard Leese's (Heart's guitarist's) 1960 Gibson Les Paul for $5000 and passed. :evil: #2 In 1992 I passed on a 1959 Flame top for 30K... :evil: Then the last one was in 1995..... a 1959 Les Paul Flame top with 5 of the 6 original strings still on the guitar.. story was the the ole man busted 1 string said F-it and slid it under the bed.. It was offered to me at $35,000... Jerry Cantrel from Alice in Chains offered them 30K and they turned it down... what do you think I did?... Played it... went out and paid cash for a 911 Porsche C4... turned down my 3rd one... now what are they worth?..... Moral of the story.... I never pass up a EGF-1200 for sale... Never....

At least you got the C4 and your 1200's - I havn't got an EGF-1200 and drive a VW Golf!!

Lifes too short to kick yourself, but passing up those LP's you deserve it :wink:

YES.. I deserve it.. I take full responsibility...Oh.. forgot to mention... then... the wife found a boyfriend and the car had to go... :oops: But hey ended up with a super hot latina from Spain :lol: and all is good!!!.. and she lets me buy guitars as long as she can buy high heels... What a deal!! :wink:

Sorry, just fooling around.
I have what might be a EGF1200 or a EG58-120 or even EG58-100..
So if it is one of the first two it has lost it's case. And one of it's DRY 1982 pups.
Someone said the EGF models only came in honeyburst and the lower models didn't.
Do anyone know if it is the same with Mint-series? Only the 120 000 yen in honeyburst?
It's a transitional one with Super Real on the head but Acrylic inlays ond lon tenon.

Post some pictures.... let's see this guitar.... I hate to be teased.... I always said .....when I was dating..... If I pull out my gun :lol: .. I'm gonna shoot it... :lol: so quit the teasing and let the games begin!!.. :lol:

Latest posts

Back