Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pedal board
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> FX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnA
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goestoeleven wrote:
JohnA wrote:
...The pic is actually Fusciante's pedal board.

How come he needs all that just to widdle away at 3,000mph when Hendrix managed with an amp and two pedals at most and became a legend?

We've lost our way a bit as Guitarists I feel...

Each to his own, it would be pretty unexciting if we all sounded the same. Personally I like a guitar to sound like a guitar, and I think as a general rule guitarists are pertty conservative creatures, but certainly Hendrix made a guitar sound quite different to most players before him, and if he were alive today I bet he would have a pretty big pedalboard!
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnA wrote:
Paladin2019 wrote:
*looks sheepish*

I sure hope all these "pedal freak" comments are directed at messrs Fusciante and Gilmour and not me...

The pic is actually Fusciante's pedal board, obviously someone as talented as your good self doesn't need one that big!! You'rs looks pretty compact next to that!!

"Pedal Freak" is just a general term - not directed at any of you lads and not to be confused with "pedal geek".

Eric Johnson has been known as a "tone freak" due to his penchant for "perfect" tone via his guitar, amp, placement of pedals, length of cords, etc... I'm all about the tone as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> FX All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: