Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Advice on replacement for Gotoh tuners, which ones fit?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Orville
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joop
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:02 am    Post subject: Advice on replacement for Gotoh tuners, which ones fit? Reply with quote

Hi, I want to replace the current (Gotoh?) Kluson style tuners on my ObG LP.

I bought off the net Grover Kluson style tuners, but they don't fit. The current (Gotoh?) ones have a straight shaft where as the Grovers have a widening at the bottom of the shaft.

I don't want to enlarge the peg holes. I think that Wilkinson ones will fit, but I don't know if they are any good. Saw on the Tonepros Kluson website a type called TPK33 and from the description they sounded as if they would fit the bill, but no measurements are given.

Have you replaced your Gotoh tuners, and which ones did you buy?

Any advise will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Joop
Pegcityrocker
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think any Grover tuners will fit without making the holes bigger. I would suggest going for another set of Gotoh's - they're great tuners and they are cheaper than Kluson. Grover tuners require 13/32" holes and your guitar has 11/32" holes. Gotoh or Kluson's will fit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Orville All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: