Anyone tried a Korg PX4D?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goestoeleven

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I'm looking for a cheap multi-effects amp modeller for plinking around at home, and I've seen the Korg PX4D being sold very cheaply as it's now discontinued.

The thing I really want is the ability to combine effects, ie: Delay, Chorus, etc. which the Line 6 Guitar Pod V2 doesn't seem to do too well.

I'm not looking to spend fortunes, so the ?300 ones are out. I just want something I can plug a set of headphones into and dial up some favourite sounds. I'm thinking old Strat, Overdriven Marshall, and Dave Gilmour.

Anyone have any experience with the PX4D?

JohnA has a cheap Behringer for sale, I think this is quite a deal
http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=11846

Goestoeleven said:
Hi Folks,

I'm looking for a cheap multi-effects amp modeller for plinking around at home, and I've seen the Korg PX4D being sold very cheaply as it's now discontinued.

The thing I really want is the ability to combine effects, ie: Delay, Chorus, etc. which the Line 6 Guitar Pod V2 doesn't seem to do too well.

I'm not looking to spend fortunes, so the ?300 ones are out. I just want something I can plug a set of headphones into and dial up some favourite sounds. I'm thinking old Strat, Overdriven Marshall, and Dave Gilmour.

Anyone have any experience with the PX4D?

I bought one this spring for exactly the same reason. I had it with my POD XT trial when I switched patches while playing, and almost blew my eardrum (using headphones since the fam was asleep). The volume level was ridiculously higher on the one I switched to. I got so pissed at the thing I sold it that week. Yeah I know I should've played with it more but oh well. I wanted something dummy-proof, so I went on eBay and this guy in Japan had the Korgs for about $120. I picked one up and I'm very happy with it.

Jason

Back