Ian Blurton of Change of Heart/Blurtonia/C'mon plays a Tokai

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris barany

Reaction score
i would disregard the phrase "cheap Les Paul knock-off" here. prb the writer's embellishment. i can't see Ian actually using that phrase when describing the guitar he no doubt paid market price for:

http://www.exclaim.ca/musicschool/whatiplay.aspx

Never heard of him. If that's the back of the Love Rock in the picture, it has cream cavity covers - maybe Korean or Chinese? In that case, cheap is a good relative term compared to the real thing.

All Tokai LP's apart from the very early ones{reborn and reborn old} are "love rocks", the ones with the cream control covers are the cheaper Korean or chinese versions.

Mick

ha. i thought marcusnieman was referring to the *sort of* cream coloured guitar on the right in the photo.

i think this is how threads get off topic.

chris barany said:
ha. i thought marcusnieman was referring to the *sort of* cream coloured guitar on the right in the photo.

i think this is how threads get off topic.

Oh you haven't seen off topic til I get started.

Actually, I was talking about the second one from the right - with the cream colored cavity cover. Cant tell but it looks like a lefty Love Rock.

I've never heard of him either.

Sounds like a typical "Vintage" snob to me though. "Oh yeah, the old stuff is always better..." etc.

Yeah? They made Friday Afternoon guitars just the same back then too. A good guitar is a good guitar. Doesn't matter who made it or where or when.

How many Folk musicians does it take to change a lightbulb?

Nine. One to change it and eight to sing about the old one.

I live just outside toronto and i don't see the humour in it unless it's meant to say "help get me out of toronto"

:p

Latest posts

Back