EG800 Weight

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jay

Reaction score
How much would you expect an EG800 from the late 70's to weight? I was looking at one and it's very light for a Les Paul?under 9 lbs in fact?and so I'm thinking it could have a chambered body and might potentially be soemthing other then an 800. So I guess what I really need to know is would a chambered Greco weigh cosidereably less then 9 lbs and/or is just under 9 lbs reasonable for a solid Greco Les Paul? Thanks!

jay said:
How much would you expect an EG800 from the late 70's to weight? I was looking at one and it's very light for a Les Paul?under 9 lbs in fact?and so I'm thinking it could have a chambered body and might potentially be soemthing other then an 800. So I guess what I really need to know is would a chambered Greco weigh cosidereably less then 9 lbs and/or is just under 9 lbs reasonable for a solid Greco Les Paul? Thanks!

I wouldn't call 9lbs light. My Edwards Jimmy Page Les Paul comes in at about 7.25 lbs and it's not chambered. That's light. I wouldn't think that the one you are looking at is chambered.

In my experience, the early Greco and Burny Les Pauls were pretty hefty at between 9 and 10 lbs.

Thanks for the replies... :)

Under 9 lbs isn't light compared to a strat but for a Les Paul, I'd say it's defenitely on the low end. But then I'm accustomed to my over 11 lb. behemoth '82 Standard.

Latest posts

Back