Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Old Traynor head - speaker cab suggestions?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Amps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cashcow
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:50 am    Post subject: Old Traynor head - speaker cab suggestions? Reply with quote

I have an old Traynor YBA-1 Bass Master head. It's 50 watts @ 8 Ohms. It's got 2 channels - channel one is voiced for bass and channel 2 for guitar. It's been used as a bass amp and now I'm thinking about using it for my guitar. Any suggestions on reasonably priced cabinets that would go with this head? Thanks.
throstur
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one of those. Very good guitar amps. They are based on the same design as '59 Bassman / JTM 45. Very sturdy construction.

I would check out Avatar. Very good, moderately priced cabs and you choose your speaker/speakers to stick in there.
cheshirecatsmile
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you given any thought to a reissue Traynor cabinet (or a vintage one if you can find it)? I'm not sure the new amp reissues are as good as the vintage ones (Steve Albini even likes the old ones!), but their cabinets are reasonably priced, well made and I think have mostly Celestions in them. You might decide what you're mainly going to use this for--for guitar I'd get a 2x12 or something similar; for bass you might consider a 2x10 or 4x10 configuration or a single 15"cab. I know these are available in Canada through Long & McQuade--I think they are fairly well distributed through the NEast USA. Their website is:

http://www.traynoramps.com/default.asp?p_id=2

________
BUY GRINDER

Last edited by cheshirecatsmile on Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total
SexMagician
Plucker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda late on this,but I own an old Traynor 4x12 and you couldn't buy that thing from me. Makes my Bassman roar! It was only $200...most people(and guitar shops) I come across are not familiar with Traynor at all...great stuff!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Amps All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: