New JB50

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveDoG

Reaction score
Having problems with my mobile phone software so no pics as yet... I take it the 50 sticker on the back of the neck just where above the join to the body is the model type?

Serial is L26846 so i assume it is one of the 60-64 copies?

Colour is Sherwood Green

Anyone with any more details on this particular model I'd be interested to know. Will post some pics asap..

Thanx Steve DoG

Those assumptions sound about right to me. Sherwood Green? Tokai did a Metallic Green in the 80s, but it seems to be darker than Sherwood, it looks almost black in low light. Not that you see many Fenders in Sherwood to compare, it's one of the rarer colours.

So, looking forward to the pics. 8)

Mike

100_0466.JPG

100_0469.JPG

100_0471.JPG

100_0472.JPG

100_0470.JPG

A few piccies of the beast concerned. Still not sure what exact colour you would call it.

Nice. The colour code is under the controls on Goldstars, so I imagine it would be under the controls on a Jazz. If the code is MG, it's the same as my Goldstar.

Mine tends to look black when i take pics:

118_1896.jpg

but when the pro photographers at Guitar & Bass magazine took some pics for their article a few months ago, it looked closer to yours:

20080428_3474.jpg

Header02.jpg

Metal control plate, a rather spiffing strip the components are mounted on to, to cut down hum, though.

I guess the code could be under one of the pickups? I've just bought a Tokai Jazz off eBay, so I'll have a look when I get it. It's not such a nice colour as yours though - do you wanna swap for a white block logo (1983) model?

DSCF2788a.jpg

Given that's my hand built strat colour green was one of the reasons i was so adamant about tracking the jazz baby down. So....... hmmmmmmmmmmmm nooooope think i will stick :lol: [/img]

Can't say I blame you, dark green can look so good, yet it's one of the rarest colours for guitars & basses.

Have you had it long?

I've been tracking it for a year belonged to the DoG's Bass player but he'd loaned it out to a guy who was using it as back up to his Fender 62 Jazz Bass. He eventually made a daft offer for it and the guy took it. A couple of months down the line he splits with his gf, needed to money and took my offer. Picked it up last week. Came with a Hiscox case and Seymour Duncan Antiquities. The original pups are in the case...

PM me if you want to know what i paid for it...

Back