Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bacchus?59 clone
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Innos
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never really looked into Bacchus guitars, but when I saw how stunning OPs was, I got on to eBay and found this beauty:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320295018586

Is this a good buy for someone looking for a good alternative to a Gibson, at a better price?
Seems it's about 750 bucks off new price, and I don't really mind the wear, it would look like that after a week in my posession anyway. =p

I was going for something cheaper, but that's a great price for one of those, isn't it?
I liked the looks aswell, natural+gold hardware and knobs kinda "spoke to me".
Also like the fact that the seller is forum member, makes me think he's genuinly interested, and not some guy making money off the interest in japanese guitars.

Looks like it has a nice long tenon (very snug fit, although it doesn't go all the way down), nice thick maple top etc.
How are the pickups and electronics (pots etc) in these? I'm looking for the typical 60's sound, going to be using it with a 18w clone.
I know pickups etc are easy to change, and I do know how, but I'd rather not have to.
stratman323

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote from the seller - hisashi:

If you are particularly concerned about guitar condition, please DO NOT bid on my auctions

Since you have made a huge fuss about a dodgy $5 volume pot on your recent Springy purchase, I think he means you, Innos.
JohnA
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks lovely!! If you 're going to buy it make sure you are aware of any issued like fret wear etc before you do.
Innos
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stratman323 wrote:
Quote from the seller - hisashi:

If you are particularly concerned about guitar condition, please DO NOT bid on my auctions

Since you have made a huge fuss about a dodgy $5 volume pot on your recent Springy purchase, I think he means you, Innos.
Thanks for bringing that up...
Nani
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

throstur wrote:
It is vital in IMO that this relationship is right for guitar of this design to adjust and work properly.

Another completely ridiculous statement, on the heels of your "vintage Gibsons have no binding nibs" silliness. It's just plain wrong.

A guitar can "adjust and work properly" with many tailpiece locations, including jazz guitars with floating tailpieces, flying v guitars with string through body tailpiece anchors, etc.

Owning a recent Bacchus doesn't give you any special knowledge on vintage guitars.
mrsuspend
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nani, chill out for f*cks sake! He has the right to any opinion he wants.

/Magnus
throstur
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nani wrote:
Another completely ridiculous statement, on the heels of your "vintage Gibsons have no binding nibs" silliness. It's just plain wrong. A guitar can "adjust and work properly" with many tailpiece locations, including jazz guitars with floating tailpieces, flying v guitars with string through body tailpiece anchors, etc. Owning a recent Bacchus doesn't give you any special knowledge on vintage guitars.

You are right Nani. I am not an expert on vintage guitars. However I have set up, repaired and restored hundreds of guitars, archtops, solid bodies, acoustics, you name it, most of them have been 20 to 50 years old. I am also an easy going and nice guy and a very good guitar player.

It is my personal opinion that you are a real pain in the ass Nani. I doubt that you own or play guitar at all. You seem to thrive on bitterness and envy. You probably don?t understand words like: joy, happiness, fun, nice, agree e.t.c.

Old Trafford? Probably some kind of an institution. Nice of the board to give the inmates access to computers and the Internet, but a bad thing when one of them starts abusing this privilege.

One bad apple can destroy all the healthy apples in a basket. You are obviously the bad apple on this Forum. To all other members that read this I say: Ignore this guy. I know I will from now on.

Last edited by throstur on Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Nani
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On second thought, your Bacchus was made by magical elves in exactly the same fashion as a '59 burst, in the only way a guitar can correctly be constructed to work.

It is a very lucky thing your stoptail is angled because if it wasn't, you'd have to throw it on the heap with the other hundreds of thousands of guitars with straight stoptails that don't work properly. Burn them all I say! Only Bacchus with no fret nibs and laminated top is the exact replica of the '59 burst, right down to identical layout of the factory coffee machine.

I eagerly await further wisdom from your vast guitar experience. What other magic does the Bacchus hold, pray tell?
youami
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nani wrote:

Another completely ridiculous statement, on the heels of your "vintage Gibsons have no binding nibs" silliness.

Why is this silliness? Where's your evidence that all vintage Gibsons had binding nibs?

Jeez you're a dumba** Nani!
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nani wrote:

I eagerly await further wisdom from your vast guitar experience. What other magic does the Bacchus hold, pray tell?

Dude, what's crawled up your ass with all of these bullshit, smart assed replies? Why all the piss and vinegar? Give it a rest, huh? If you don't like what you read here, take a f*(&%&g walk.
leadguitar_323
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The internet is full of hero's and Nani is another prime example, i would love to have one of your petty conversations in person mate , i can guarantee it wouldn't last as long as this dribble. It is quite obvious you know sweet f*%k all about anything and no one gives a ^&*( about your opinion and all you are doing is reinforcing what everyone already knows, your are a clown!!!!

Mick
stratman323

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

leadguitar_323 wrote:
all you are doing is reinforcing what everyone already knows, your are a clown!!!!

Mick

Yet again Mick, me old mate, I have to disagree with you. Clowns are funny. Nani isn't. He's just someone who wants to spoil the nice, easy going atmosphere we have here.

I think throstur summed it all up beautifully.
Nani
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Australians are always so lovely to be around. Another tough guy!

Let's just let all these ridiculous honeymoon-guitar-purchase "facts" slide and have a big perfect burst clone party for the Bacchus.

The fact that you are actually asking for proof that vintage Les Pauls has binding nibs shows that you aren't that familiar with what you are talking about. Shouldn't you have looked into some of these issues before declaring the Bacchus the perfect identical clone?

leadguitar_323 wrote:
The internet is full of hero's and Nani is another prime example, i would love to have one of your petty conversations in person mate , i can guarantee it wouldn't last as long as this dribble. It is quite obvious you know sweet f*%k all about anything and no one gives a ^&*( about your opinion and all you are doing is reinforcing what everyone already knows, your are a clown!!!!

Mick
JohnA
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nani, in case you hadn't noticed the converstaion moved on quite some time ago from " are Bacchus a perfect clone" to "what the hell is up with your attitude" . This is a discussion forum, people 'discuss' things, you can correct someones opinion without shooting them down in flames and being obnoxious
stratman323

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnA wrote:
This is a discussion forum, people 'discuss' things, you can correct someones opinion without shooting them down in flames and being obnoxious

The rest of us can - the trouble is that this prat can't.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: