Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tokai Teles Breezy Sounds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
royston vasey
Plucker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2001 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been looking for an old Tokai Tele for about a year now. These are extremely rare in the UK.

Tried out two new Tokai teles (?450 for cash = $700!!). Whilst the finish and necks on both were excellent, they were let down by the sound. They didn't sound too bad on their own but I A/B'd them with a Fender Tele and it blew them away. I was really disappointed with the sound of the Tokais.
I wasn't willing to pay that much money then lay out another ?100 ($150) for decent pick ups.

I ended up with a MIA Fender Tele Std bought privately for ?350 ($500). Great sounding guitar.

By the way I didn't mention that the new ones are butt ugly - enlarged headstock and this weird 'flattened' area on the body by the jack socket. I understand they've had to do that because of legal wrangles with Fender. The metal plate under the bridge was really rough, finished off to a very poor standard.

I'll still look out for an old Tokai tele for about ?250.

roy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: