Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pretty sure it's an st70?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrsuspend
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely guitar
But it's a Springy, not a Goldstar.

/Magnus
stratman323

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But that's a Springy, of course. Doesn't mean there was a Goldstar ST70 - there's no mention of an ST70 in the 1985 catalogue.
leadguitar_323
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgive me....i have a migrane.....
Thanks Mike you sucked me in while i was vulnerable...

Mick
blake375
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have a Goldie that has a 6-digit serial, and therefore according to the identification guide would be an ST-70, but it is clearly an ST-50, going by the spec:

Black finish
Veneer type RWB
3-pc body
Final Prospec saddles, STB & deluxe tuners
"II V" (Vintage II) pickups

Nothing here to suggest anything other than a stock ST-50, except, of course, the 6-digit serial on the neckplate. Probably another case of Tokai using up spare neckplates, or just running out of L-stamped ones during a production run (did somebody suggest this earlier, or was that in a different thread?).

I suppose this adds a bit of curiosity value to the guitar, but no material value - it's an ST-50 by spec.

I'm thinking about selling it at the moment, and if I do, I won't be advertising it as an ST-70, though I'm sure some sellers would!
stratman323

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blake375 wrote:
Probably another case of Tokai using up spare neckplates, or just running out of L-stamped ones during a production run (did somebody suggest this earlier, or was that in a different thread?).

I have seen a few RW board Goldies for sale with 6 digit serials, but that otherwise looked like ordinary ST50s. Since serial numbers were just decoration on Goldies (i.e. they didnt help to date them) I don't imagine that Tokai would have worried too much if a few RW ones went out without an L number.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: