Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Billy Gibbons playing Tokai
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TEX
Plucker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check this shot of the same Love Rock featured in the YouTube clips of Brown Sugar, Jailhouse Rock, and La Grange within this thread...
I suppose the Reverend decided to have a little fun with those that kept asking questions about the make of that fine, screamin' plank. Oh well, you know what it is!

ganzua
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voyager wrote:
Probably their most underrated album and possibly only inferior to Tres Hombres and Deguello.

Why is underrated Tres Hombres? It contains La Grange, one of zztop most famous songs!
stratman323

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend reminded me yesterday that when Eliminator was released, it broke a long run of ZZ albums with Spanish names. Billy was asked by a reporter about this, and he replied that they had considered calling the album El Iminator....

ganzua
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stratman323 wrote:
A friend reminded me yesterday that when Eliminator was released, it broke a long run of ZZ albums with Spanish names. Billy was asked by a reporter about this, and he replied that they had considered calling the album El Iminator....

Unfortunately, Iminator doesn't have any meaning in spanish, perhaps "El inminente" or "El indecente" would have worked.

I like better ZZTop 70's era and then the late Antenna and ahead.

BTW, what are exactly the Tokai models Gibbons play? LS320 the one with humbuckers?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: