My new 1981 EGF-1200.. I had another child!!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CliffsGuitarWorld

Reaction score
Just recived my new 1981 EGF-1200 .. I have the bug bad....real bad..Looks to be all original and the Dry-Z's have matching numbers and the flame top looks to be book matched real well......Enjoy!!... Cliff

DSC03941.jpg

75f1.jpg

DSC05174.jpg

DSC05190.jpg

DSC05180.jpg

DSC05181.jpg

DSC05186.jpg

DSC05179.jpg

DSC05177.jpg

:eek: please tell us you played it a bit, before pullling it apart :lol: just kidding .....................

very nice indeed 8)

did you purchase from Japan, or from Europe?

Boy oh boy.. I have not put the guitar down I have been playing her so much... She came from Japan....when it came for new strings, I took her apart for additional Pictures. This is my 4th Greco which includes a NM/Mint with case 1980 Super Real EG-1000CB, 1985 EG58-120 and a 1989 EG59-100... and IMO the EGF-1200 and the EG59 are my fav's.. I think I will dump an extra pair of DRY-Z's in the 1989 EG59... I will also take a pic of my 4 ladies together.. Cliff

Great guitar you have there - v. similar top to mine, I've not seen another quite like it.

Yours is in great condition, - even the sticker's in place!

Mine has beautifully yellowed/aged binding, and with the dark red mahogany, really adds to the whole feel/vibe of the guitar - bags of character (trying hard not to write mojo - doh!). Is yours similar?

Yes.... The binding all around the guitar has yellowed to a very deep yellow... really has that vintage look to it.. and the back is a very dark red cherry... This guitar is a big differnce in sound and feel from all other Grecos I have and beats the hell out of many, many many Gibby's that I have owned!!... Go Greco!!

Back