Burny LPC- thinking about adding a Bigsby-resale value hurt?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3pupLPC

Reaction score
I am considering installing a Bigsby unit on my '85ish LPC, and I was wondering how you all thought that doing so may effect the resale value in the future should I ever decide to sell? It is the ebony, 3 pick-up config, so it would be going for the Jimmy Page LPC/Bigs vibe.

After market gear like that always dampens the resale of it....particularly a Bigsby - leaves nasty holes if you don't want it on. Same with new tuners that leave the old holes showing.

I would not care for resale value in these guitars,I just get them to play and don?t feel them as item collectors as others. It devalueate any it would be just a few,and you always would be able to apply "marketing strategies" advertising as "Neil Young Burny replica"
I?m satisfied Tokais got value however,public have reconigsed them as quality instruments.

Go and experiment with it,don?t worry!

3pupLPC said:
I am considering installing a Bigsby unit on my '85ish LPC, and I was wondering how you all thought that doing so may effect the resale value in the future should I ever decide to sell?

If you sell it to an individual, it may or may not make a difference to a particular buyer. I am not into Bigsby's so I would probably pass on such a guitar.

However, a sale or trade to a dealer would net you a lot less because they would play the "loss of originality" game. jmho

Back