Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tokai Hardpuncher?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Basses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Air-Guitar
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the Cat it says Limited products - Does this mean only a handfull were made?? was that a good or bad thing?

Im not really a "Bass player" give me 6 strings lol, any ideas if i wanted to part company with this is there a specilisted dealer or any ideas arounds figures to be looking at??
Nani
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finish looks a bit like an Ibanez Roadstar model. Kind of nice to have a bursted flame top on your bass!
Nani
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Air-Guitar wrote:
On the Cat it says Limited products - Does this mean only a handfull were made?? was that a good or bad thing?

Generally the most valuable Tokai models are those which are closest to original Gibson and Fender designs. I would say that although more rare, and perhaps nicer than a straight Fender bass copy, there is likely less demand for yours and therefore lower value.
SteveDoG
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely it is a straight copy though. It's what is called the *slab* body. It was the original shape of the Precision bass and right now, is undergoing a real renaissance, popularity wise.
Nani
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the body is the same, but wouldn't a "correct" copy have no veneer maple top and certainly not a cherry sunburst finish?

I'm not saying in any way that it's a bad bass, simply that most people seeking a Fender clone would look for a plain alder body and traditional sunburst finish. I personally like the maple/cherry a bit more.
andyscott
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Nani.

I watched one on eBay very like this bass not sell and stall at a paltry ?130-140 odd. I was bidding on it but it didn't even make my highest bid.

Hang on to it, a nice bass is always a nice bass.
Thunder Bass
Plucker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject: Tokai Hardpuncher Reply with quote

The variation on Tokai is truely worth a catalogue. Nice looking bass - would be great to have a photo data base (bass!)
Appreciate you posting this - it will increase our knowledge.
Best Regards, Thunder Bass
Air-Guitar
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After some thought I am going to sell this base, it just sits in the room looking at me like a lost child, it dosent fit in here at all, not really in to the base. thought i give Tokai fans the 1st chance to make me an offer.[/quote]

I have replaced the vol & tone pots & new Gold knobs, also replace dthe jack with a gold one looks good, got pics if you was intrested.

If intrested please email me at Anthony.Roome@ntlworld.com i will only reply to offers im intrested in, failing that i will put it out to the rest of the world.

Thanks

Air
Air-Guitar
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Im reopening this orginal thread, I am now having a clear out. not only am i selling a jackson, but have decided to part comapny with the Tokai bass, really need some help on value or a buyer / shop that might be intrested, please post here what ever help you can give. Thanks
& merry Chistmas.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Basses All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: