Tokai goldstar sound

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goose

Reaction score
I am looking to purchase a Tokai of the Rickenbacker 330 Fireglo in colour to add to my collection of Tokai Guitars my email is [email protected] thank you for your time.

goose

Where are you in this world :eek: ,its a good idea to let us know. :wink:

Warning to all users here. This guitar has issues. It needs a refret badly. I have seen this guitar. He is under the impression that its worth $900 :) But I think with the EMG pickups * horrible * in my opinion and the bad neck that needs a refret $250 minimum = $450 to $500 tops. The best part of this guitar is the case :)

This user is in Canada ( Northern Ontario ) I drove 1.5 hours to see it what a waste of time. He offered no apology to me for misrepresenting this guitar to me over the phone. He told me it has good frets not true.

Maybe he doesn't know good fret work from bad?
If one plays badly enough they wouldn't necessarily notice dodgey frets?

Ozeshin said:
Maybe he doesn't know good fret work from bad?
If one plays badly enough they wouldn't necessarily notice dodgey frets?

Hummm yeah maybe that's it but when I specifically asked him if the action was low he said yes. And let me tell you it was almost 1/4 of an inch at the 12th fret the guitar as soon as you bent the high e choked only after a 1/4 bend that tells me unless he does not play at all he knew there was issues. How could he not? I am just warning people that's all if you buy the guitar you will need to ditch the horrible pickups and get a refret job done on the guitar other then that the finish was in good shape.

Back