Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tokai goldstar sound

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goose
Plucker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Tokai goldstar sound Reply with quote

I am looking to purchase a Tokai of the Rickenbacker 330 Fireglo in colour to add to my collection of Tokai Guitars my email is petergorman@rogers.com thank you for your time.

goose

Last edited by goose on Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rossi
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are you in this world ,its a good idea to let us know.
goldstarst80
Plucker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:57 am    Post subject: RE: Goldstar Sound.. Reply with quote

Warning to all users here. This guitar has issues. It needs a refret badly. I have seen this guitar. He is under the impression that its worth $900 But I think with the EMG pickups * horrible * in my opinion and the bad neck that needs a refret $250 minimum = $450 to $500 tops. The best part of this guitar is the case

This user is in Canada ( Northern Ontario ) I drove 1.5 hours to see it what a waste of time. He offered no apology to me for misrepresenting this guitar to me over the phone. He told me it has good frets not true.
Ozeshin
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he doesn't know good fret work from bad?
If one plays badly enough they wouldn't necessarily notice dodgey frets?
goldstarst80
Plucker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ozeshin wrote:
Maybe he doesn't know good fret work from bad?
If one plays badly enough they wouldn't necessarily notice dodgey frets?

Hummm yeah maybe that's it but when I specifically asked him if the action was low he said yes. And let me tell you it was almost 1/4 of an inch at the 12th fret the guitar as soon as you bent the high e choked only after a 1/4 bend that tells me unless he does not play at all he knew there was issues. How could he not? I am just warning people that's all if you buy the guitar you will need to ditch the horrible pickups and get a refret job done on the guitar other then that the finish was in good shape.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: