What have I got here?!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Mow

Reaction score
Hi all, have posted this on HC and on JapanAxe, so far no info.. Have searched high and low and have had offers to buy it!..

Anyone tell me anything about it? Aside from a serial number on the neck Y02508 has no 'made in' markings.

I picked it up 2nd hand at the Ishibashi Rockside 2 weeks ago, the guys there knew nothing about it, It was about the coolest thing I've ever seen! Weighs about 11-12lbs and surprisingly sounds awesome. The pickups and hardware are all Gotoh.

fer_1.jpg

fer_2.jpg

Thanks guys, appreciate any help anyone offers!

No idea what it is, but there was a clear perspex Tele on eBay a few months back, & I was very tempted. I reckon it would look very cool on stage. The Tele weighed more than a Les Paul though, which was one of the reasons I didn't buy it.

Enjoy, it looks like a cool guitar.

Mike

Thanks guys.. Does this mean its probably worth something? I wasn't planning on selling it or anything, but I've had a couple of guys (one in particular) just mad keen on it..

Oh and Benzem, Rock side is one of 4 Ishibashi stores in the Ochonamizu guitar street in Tokyo. They have Players gate (keyboards, digital), book side (errr.. books?!), one I don't remember and Rockside which is pretty much all guitars, bass etc. Its about 4 floors, ground is Japan guitars, 2nd is USA guitars, then I think its acoustics, then amps.

If you like Japan guitars, you need to go to Ochonamizu!

Thanks! I would love to take a trip and bring back a few souveniers. I do love the MIJ gtrs even more since my new 85' ls-150!

benzem said:
Thanks! I would love to take a trip and bring back a few souveniers. I do love the MIJ gtrs even more since my new 85' ls-150!

I've been twice now!
Last time I came back with a Bacchus Duke Master and a MIJ Tele Custom w/ Bigsby, this time I came back with the Fernandes JG and a Duesenberg! (yeah I know, buying a German guitar in Japan.. But I hadn't seen them here in Australia!)

But really, its just as easy to shop online and have stuff delivered (which I generally do), hardcases are too hard to get home.. and the shipping costs are usually pretty good considering you get it tax free by ordering online. You buy there you have to pay tax on it.

Well.. If anyone cares!
Many tanks to Maree from Japan Vintage Guitars (top guys here in Melbourne !), seems its a JG-120, guess that means it was a fairly exxy guitar when it was new..

Now, bonus points.. Anyone tell me what year?!

Thanks for all of your interest guys!

And the final piece of the puzzle is done..

Again thanks to Maree at Japanvintageguitar.com !!

Its a JG-120, was a special order for Mitaka Music shop in Japan..

So... Does this make it a little valuable, or just worth what ever its worth to someone? I mean I dig it, but maybe not as much as I'd dig a shiny new Bacchus or Edwards 130LTS!!

Latest posts

Back