Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tokai Love Rocks on Ebay
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2001 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard,
I emailed Guitar Shop Universe, but they have not responded yet. How long did it take for them to get back to you?
Thanks

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Gary Para']

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2001 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary,
Yoshi responded quickly. they are a day ahead in time. Give him a day or two.Ask him to e-mail pictures to you.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Richard']

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2001 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard,
Thanks, Yoshi got back to me yesterday. I wanted to order the LS75Q quilted maple Heritage Dark Cherry finish. Yoshi gave me a price, but when I emailed him & asked for pics he said they where sold out. So I am thinking about getting the LS70 Violin finish. You said you got LS70VF. Is that the Violin finish? Do you have any pics? I know there are pics on this site, but most of the time they pick out the best looking ones for their catalogs. I'd like to see what an actual production model looks like. I asked Yoshi to send pics, but I don't know yet if he has the Violin finish in stock. He said he didn't have very many LS70s in stock. Is Tokai still making the Love Rocks in Japan? There is a 2000 catalog on this site, but not the 2001 catalog.
I have never seen a Love Rock in Arizona so I have not been able to try one. I would appreciate anything you can tell me about it. It doesn't have the big baseball bat neck does it? I hope it's the slim tapered neck. Hope I can get some pics from you.
Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2001 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary,

A couple of things: Tokai cannot import the Love Rocks into the US. If you order from Yoshi please let him know that you found him via the Tokai Registry.

2) Where in AZ? I spent about 4yrs in Tucson and absolutely loved it.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Ned']

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2001 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ned,
If I order one, I'll let Yoshi know. But, since I've never played one I'll have to know more about them before I get one. Maybe you could answer a couple questions. My main concern is the neck. I hate Gibson baseball bat necks. The Les Paul Classic neck is OK, it's closer to the 1970s & 1980s Ibanez Artists I have. Can't find an old Ibanez Les Paul set neck or I'd buy one. I have seen some but all the owners vision has been effected by these guitars, they think the name says Gibson. Same thing with some of the dealers selling Japan Love Rocks, $1,600.00! Give me a break. The tops are a very thin veneer steam pressed to the shape. Looks good though. $700.00 is a fair price, still more than Ibanez charged for solid tops. Sorry, got off the subject. What's the neck like on the made in Japan Love Rocks? What size are the frets?
Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2001 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also hate the fat necks of Gibsons. Ned, am I to understand that Tokai guitars are no longer allowed to be permitted into ALL of North America INCLUDING Canada?? This is truly a sad development! I did a web search on international copyright infringement & only came up with more questions than answers. Does anyone know if this is a violation of N.A.F.T.A. & what the legal implications are?? I would really like to know.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Barry']

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2001 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ned,
I forgot to answer your 2nd question. I live in Sedona. North of Phoenix & south of Flagstaff. Been here about 20 years, but have not yet been down to Tucson.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Gary']

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2001 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary & Barry,

Sorry, can't answer your questions regarding neck size as I to am searching for a Love Rocks.

On the NA import issue, it's just the Love Rocks. You'll probably start seeing Talbos shortly.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Ned']

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2001 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary,
The necks on the LS70's are bigger than the Korean guitars. They are fatter than the Gibson Les Paul Classics also . They are more like the Gibson Standards and other Custom Shop Gibsons. Does not taper as much around the 1-5th frets. The neck is not a bat though. If you like smaller ,thinner necks , the Korean guitar may be more to you liking. That neck feels real generic. It feels like eveything from Korea. It doesn't feel like a real Les Paul.Think more like Ibanez when you feel those necks.My reference guitar is a 69 Gibson Les Paul that I own.

I also got an interesting e-mail from a person who read my review on Harmony-central. He stated that the price for the Korean Love Rocks in Canada (he was Canadian)is $599 canadian dollars, which converts to $350 US dollars! He says that all the Americans purchasing these Korean guitars are on e-bay are getting ripped off! Very interesting I thought.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2001 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOGWASH!

Maybe you can get a used Tokai in Canada for $599 but you wont find a new Tokai for under $700, Japanese or Korean.

Also remember, American customers can't get them legally.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2001 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, check out Songbird Music from the links menu. Their ad states that the Canadian dollar is 66 cents to the American dollar! They list a Korean Love Rock for $600 Canadian. That makes that New Korean Love Rock only $396. US dollars .And that's without asking about any discounting on price which most dealers do.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2001 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that!! What are those Korean models made of?? You know, some are made of [yecch] plywood!
Maybe I'll buy another one!

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Barry']

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2001 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't get a GOOD Korean Love Rock for $600 Canadian. It is impossible unless it is made with alder and has a photo flame.

There are different Korean Tokais available, from plywood bodies, photo flames, bolt on necks.

The LE is mahogany with a real sycamore flamed top and a set in mahogany neck.

Anyone getting a guitar of the LE caliber for that price is getting away with robbery.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Derek']

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2001 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all. Check out my latest post about ebay Love Rock LE's on the Mike's Music topic page. You might find it interesting....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2001 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is Richard stalking Mikes Music?

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Dan']
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: