Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Burny back on ebay
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Burny/ Fernandes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bart
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ikkyu wrote:
I had the chance to try extensively my FLG-90 with a friend with his EGF-1200. The neck is thinner than Greco, let's put a '60 (Burny) and a late '50 (Greco). It depends on your tastes. I prefer bigger necks. The playability depends on your hands, technique, skll, and so on. Maybe players with smaller hands would prefer the Burny, but it's personal as always.
My guitar (1981) has more sustain than Greco (1980 or 1981). Greco pickups are closer to the '59 PAFs and are less powerful than mine even though mine are not L8001 that should be in a 1981 Super Grade.
We compared them also with a 1982 Tokai LS-80 and a Historic '58 Les Paul, and they won hands down. Beside this, again, it's a matter of taste.

So wich one did you like better? The EGF-1200 or your Burny?
I wish I had a EGF-1200 to try, but they are not very common hehe
benzem
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks good info!! I also liked seeing the weights cuz' I get alot of people talking about their gibsons weighing 13 14 pounds! And describing my Burny as light( it's 9.7 pounds) From what I have seen, 10 pounds is pretty standard for a heavyish LP and most are about 9.5. My Tokai ls150 is 10 lbs. exactly.
Ikkyu
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bart, if I'd have to chose it would be a mix. I prefer the Greco neck because is thicker, I like the Dry-Z better than mine, but I prefer my guitar, speaking about the wood.
It's more resonant, beside being prettier.
As I said, I'd like to find a pair of VH-1, someone said they're quite close to the Dry-Z. With these two guitars the top would be to put the Dry-Z on mine, but my friend would be pissed.
Or, as he said, put my guitar around his Dry-Z, in this case I'd be pissed as well.

Anyways both are really great guitars, I'd change mine only for a real '59, it says it all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Burny/ Fernandes All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: