Dating Revival Strats

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnA

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to determine the age of a Fernandes Revival? I know they were made in the '80's '90's and a few in the '00's as well but is there any identifiying features of the different models?

I would like to know too.

Congratulations on your move to Lapland, John. How is Santa today? :eek:

Mike

stratman323 said:
I would like to know too.

Congratulations on your move to Lapland, John. How is Santa today? :eek:

Mike

Satan Rocks!! With a Les Paul!!

Oh , you said Santa. The bears got him :wink:

Just found a useful(ish) link over on Japanaxe http://forum.japanaxe.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=49

Apparently the model number & date are all stamped on the neck/pickup cavities, I'll pull a few to bits when I have time!

I f you have any particular one to know just send me a PM and I?ll be glad to help.

I think it's a bit unfair to blame Satan for Les Pauls. :eek:

Anyway, no sign of stamps in the neck or pickup cavities of mine:

130_3027.jpg

130_3022.jpg

luis said:
I f you have any particular one to know just send me a PM and I?ll be glad to help.

Luis

Thanks for that I wil prepare some pics & send you a PM, or I would be more than happy to post on the forum so that others can benifit from your info??

My new one has a "Y" and "57" stamped on the end of the neck, nothing at all in the pup cavities, will post some pics later.

Just found a bit of info on this. The S/N on the early '80's revivals is stamped on the back of the neck heel. The first digit apparently being the year of manufacture. Here's mine, apparently 1982:

DSC00203.jpg

Back