Any ideas what this is please?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveDubya

Reaction score
About 12 years ago I bought this Tokai guitar, which was second hand at the time so I've no idea how old it is.

The headstock says Tokai Custom Edition, and it's a Telecaster-shaped body with a very pointy headstock. Dark blue in colour, with a white(ish) banding around the edges of the body.

One (very loud) pickup, one volume control and one really cool tremelo unit (Ayers V5, I think it says)

I've checked the catalogues, but haven't seen it anywhere (at least, not with that headstock)

Serial number is 223630

C:TokaiCustomEdition.JPG

I remember those from the second half of the 80's. There were a number of tele models available with the pointy Jackson style headstock. One of the models only had a neck humbucker and a fixed bridge. One model was black with a red binding.

Mike

I would imagine it's a tele version of my strat (pix on this site) yep Ayers Rocker V trem, guessing the pup is an L. White VERY loud, neck should be about the same too mine is great for heavy thrash as is weighs a ton and sounds beefy, what's yours play like?

As you said, weighs a ton but the neck is excellent and it's very loud, with a great sound. Used to be into Satriani and Vai, and found I could get quite a decent sound out of it for stuff like Satch Boogie (at a slower speed than the original, of course) :D

Latest posts

Back