How old is this Tokai Strat Goldstar?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Serial number 230165. Goldies but oldies. White with rosewood fretboard.

Thanks

Roy

[Anonymously Posted by: 'royston vasey']

I have the serial number somewhere around 116000 in my cirka 1984(pre-lawsuit headstock)Goldstar Sound. It's commonly known though that the manufacturers can start a serial running from, for example, 100000. I also would like some specification concerning my Tokai's year of manufacture.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'rekku']

Rekku,

You may be onto something with the serial number. I'll do another db analysis in a couple of weeks to see if I can determine a serial number run.

If you have done so please register your guitar.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Ned']

I'll register as soon as I get my axe back from the shop(it'll come out with the fretboard sanded down a bit and with larger frets). I don't remember the exact serial number by heart, you see.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'rekku']

My Goldstar sound guitar dates from a 1986 purchase w/ serial no: L26987. I seem to be a digit short of you though Mr Vasey (like the email address though!) so don't think this helps.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Tommy R']

The Tokai L-series s/n are the Fender '64 replicas, both Tele and Strat. I also had a mid 80's Goldstar Sound '64 replica with the L s/n, Tokai used the same serials as Fender on some of the replicas. My early 80's Tokai TTE-50 '64 Tele replica also has the L s/n, but the Goldstar Sound (probably late 80's) I now own has a s/n that consists of six digits. It's probably an AST-40 and it does not have the Kluson type tuners.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Mike']

Latest posts

Back