Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How old is this Tokai Strat Goldstar?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2001 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serial number 230165. Goldies but oldies. White with rosewood fretboard.

Thanks

Roy

[Anonymously Posted by: 'royston vasey']

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2001 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the serial number somewhere around 116000 in my cirka 1984(pre-lawsuit headstock)Goldstar Sound. It's commonly known though that the manufacturers can start a serial running from, for example, 100000. I also would like some specification concerning my Tokai's year of manufacture.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'rekku']

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rekku,

You may be onto something with the serial number. I'll do another db analysis in a couple of weeks to see if I can determine a serial number run.

If you have done so please register your guitar.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Ned']

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2001 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll register as soon as I get my axe back from the shop(it'll come out with the fretboard sanded down a bit and with larger frets). I don't remember the exact serial number by heart, you see.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'rekku']

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Goldstar sound guitar dates from a 1986 purchase w/ serial no: L26987. I seem to be a digit short of you though Mr Vasey (like the email address though!) so don't think this helps.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Tommy R']

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tokai L-series s/n are the Fender '64 replicas, both Tele and Strat. I also had a mid 80's Goldstar Sound '64 replica with the L s/n, Tokai used the same serials as Fender on some of the replicas. My early 80's Tokai TTE-50 '64 Tele replica also has the L s/n, but the Goldstar Sound (probably late 80's) I now own has a s/n that consists of six digits. It's probably an AST-40 and it does not have the Kluson type tuners.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Mike']
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: