Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post Dimensions of Burny LP Custom?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Burny/ Fernandes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
360freq
Plucker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Post Dimensions of Burny LP Custom? Reply with quote

hi Guys. first post.. been reading for a while though.

seems I may have found a late '80's LP Rhodes Custom on the Bay with well sorted display pics. the frets and FB are in good shape, but the binding (and nitro) seem to have sunk down a bit. I haven't been lucky enough to locate a lightweight model, so I will settle for 9+ lbs. the good MIJ LP's cost over 1k, and this one is less valuable but i'm not sure why.

if I score this, I would most likely change the tune-o-matic bridge or at least the saddle pieces with graphite or nylon.. but since it's MIJ, i'm unsure if the dimensions will sort out to what's available in the U.S. from Allparts, Stew-Mac etc.

I emailed the seller regarding the dimensions but haven't yet rcvd a reply. have any of you Burny custom owners swapped out the bridge or tailpiece? and do all the late '80's LP's have the same nut width and other hardware dimensions, or are Rhodes models different?

the item # is 320243008135 .. the info posted on this forum is invaluable, so as far as whether it's a good choice, I will take into consideration any pros and cons from your Burny collecting exp.

thanks -- Bz
JohnA
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Burny LP customs are consistently very good indeed, never actually seen a RR70 but I'm sure it will be a nice guitar. 9lb's+ is light for a Burny, there are 11lb monsters out there!!

Anyway, I think you will find a Gotoh bridge with 74mm post spacings will fit just fine. Dont even bother trying to find saddles, bad fitting saddles can totally ruin the sustain on the guitar, and looking for some that fit will be a nightmare!! A Gibson bridge will not fit.

Last edited by JohnA on Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:48 am; edited 2 times in total
leadguitar_323
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi 360 freq, I have an RR70 it is around 9 LB as well, it has the 74mm pole spacings so JohnA is spot on.....

Mick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Burny/ Fernandes All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: