Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mikes Music in Canada !!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2001 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey ! What's up here? Now check this out. I put my Love Rock LE up for auction last week on e-bay. I receive e-mail questions questions concerning where it was made , etc. I answered all honestly telling everyone it was Korean. The winning high bidder e-mail a number of times during the auction and bid 4 times before he won, outbidding at the end. The winning bidder now hasn't contacted me and I beleive is never going to pay up. A FAKE! Another Love Rock is up for auction now. Up against a Mike's music auction like mine was,and the same fake bidder is high bid on his. The funny thing is he isn't bidding on the Mike's Music auction, which has a lower reserve. And he didn't bid on the LE from Mike's music when my guitar was up for auction. I contacted the seller of the current auction and he said he had been contacted by another seller about the same thing.All having to do with the auction of Love Rocks.
My question is for Dan, aka? ,you made a comment about my guitar when the auction was current on this message board. How were you so sure it was my guitar when my e-mail address isn't part of my ebay id? The only person that knows my ebay id is Mike Palermo of Mike's Music because I bid on his guitar.Dan , you didn't e-mail me during the auction so how did you know this info? Someone is playing unfairly here.What a sad case...

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Richard']

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2001 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard, you should report your findings to ebay !!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2001 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard, what are you trying to say? That Mike's Music told me to bid on your guitar? Your username is rgee is it not? You won Mikes auction for the LE didn't you? You re-listed it under rgee did you not?

Just because you misrepresented your guitar as neither Japanese or Korean and probably because the high bidder checked out this site and saw your dishonesty and lack of info...he probably retracted the bid...as would I.

Paranoia will destroy ya.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Dan']

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2001 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Dan, He asked the question and I answered him straight up.Made in Korea. And why are you following Mike's auctions? I won that guitar 2 1/2 months ago and didn't list my id here. How are you so sure it was my guitar.AND he did not retract the bid, he won.If he would have retracted ,my guitar would have been sold. He's just not paying,but is bidding on the same guitar from someone else which is clearly a MM2001 LE and states is Korean also. So that blows your theory. Nowhere listed on this site is my ebay user ID, Dan. I want to know how you know it? I know that webtv user, which is how he is listed with e-bay, allows you to change e-mail account names as many times as you want. They just have to be differnt. This person is probably changing ID's everytime he racks up too many non-paying bidder warnings. What slime. Check it out everyone.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Richard']

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2001 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I called all the stores listed on this site and they in fact stated that my guitar is in fact limited. They could not give me a guitar with mahogany body and neck for that price. Sorry Anonymous, I don't know where you are getting your "facts" from. All other Korean guitars are built using Alder and Maple, not mahogany. You can only get this wood in the Japanese models and the 2001 Limited Edition.

I love my guitar and am going to buy a Gold Top now.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Gary']

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2001 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary ... I was in another store in Ontario ... not Mike's and low and behold, there were Love Rocks ( Not LE's ) made out of mahogany. Neck and body! That is where I get my facts from!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2001 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary, you are SO wrong. I have two Epi LP's and they both have mahogany backs with maple scarf-joint necks. I have seen some Epi's that are not made in the Samick factory that had alder backs, but those were a minority. I believe that those models were made either in the Cort Korean factory or at the Czeckoslovakian plant that sells primarliy to the European market. How do I know? Was a dealer for many years and a repairman and I've seen hundreds over 10 years.

The Korean Tokai is made in the Samick factory, just like the Epiphones that all you good folks seem to bitch about. Same materials, same specs (and I have seen Korean and Jap Love Rocks, so I know) and same hardware, same poly finish. And in fact, many of the Love Rocks that I have seen have sycamore tops, not maple like most Epi's that I have ever seen/worked on. You don't have to believe me, but I've seen them, and I know.

I amazed at the amount of "marketing" b.s. you folks will swallow. Especially since you buy these things for the same price as you can get an Epi from Musician's Friend or Sam Ash.

As to the Japanese models, I've seen those too. They are pretty nice, but I'm still inclined to buy a Gibson which will hold value...

[Anonymously Posted by: 'puzzled']

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2001 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of bull on this site. I spoke directly with Active Music (with Mel Koffman, the owner) today regarding the Korean Tokais and he said that all these messages from Anonymous are full of crap. THERE ARE NO KOREAN TOKAIS WITH MAHOGANY BODIES AND/OR NECKS. PERIOD. END OF STORY.

Anonymous should write for tabloids!

I ask all visitors to call every store in North America and ask them if they can even get a Mahogany Korean Love Rock by Tokai.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Gary']

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2001 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary, Why are you falling for all this Tokai slamming discussion. Its obvious that these postings are from Gibson or people who are jealous of the success of Tokai and especially Mike's Music.

I spoke with Mike about all this and he actually found humor in it. He explaied how there is a lot of resentment from other so-called dealers (Tokai and Non-Tokai) in Canada and the USA.

The LE's are amazing guitars. Period!

I have one of each of the 2001's and they have been through hell and back for months...and still stay in Tune!

Tokai, in my opinion took the Gibson Les Paul and stripped away the worst and focused on the best of the Les Pauls...(the thin neck, great feel, flamed tops, etc) and offered it for an amazing price.

Stop trying to slam Mikes Music.

If it wasn't for Mikes Music, a lot of people wouldn't even know what Tokai guitars are...including me.

Mike, if you read this, I just wanna say Thanks for the deals!

I owed you one...or three!!! How about throwin in a set of strings next time? Huh? hahahaha

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Dave']

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2001 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary you can say what you wish and so can Mel. But EYE'S DON'T LIE ..... there are mahogany love rocks, body and neck that are not tagged LE's. How do you explain the one that was on E-Bay ..... their was a Love Rock on their a few weeks back made with a mahogany body, but it was not tagged an LE ? If I could attach a picture to this message, I would upload pics to show you and then what would you have to say ?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2001 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave & Gary, you're ill-informed wankers, that's all. I don't work for Gibson, couldn't give a rat's ass about Mike's Music, other than his bad press speaks for itself - and there are enough negative postings to warrant questioning his honesty or awareness.

Fact is, I've owned lots of Gibson & Fender copies over the years. Some were okay, some were shite and got trashed. But as an current owner of between 40-45 guitars, plus the well over 200 prior that I have owned and played professionally (along with the hundreds I worked on over the years)... I think I have a pretty good position to base my opinions. And make no bones about it - I've owned or played a lot of pigs too... but they have been from every manufacturer from Peavey to old Valley Arts to PRS's. People like you just like to slam the big boys because it's popular. But that's pretty lame.

You can say whatever you want about my motivations for slamming you guys, but the fact remains: you're playing copies. Imitations. They ain't the real thing and if you have to keep telling yourselves that they're better in order to justify why you buy and play them... well, have at it. After all, I see SO MANY big artists out there playing Tokai.... gosh, I can't count that high!!!!

[Anonymously Posted by: 'guy patterson']

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2001 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uh,

are mike's tokai's really made by the company...i'm intending on buying one from him soon, just need to know! but, i don't think u can really fake a talbo....

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Kenny']

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2001 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the Tokai's that Mike sells are manufactured by Tokai in either there Japanese or Korean facility. AFAIK all Talbos are made in Japan - of course I could be wrong.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Ned']

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2001 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dAVE ,YOU ARE A PHONEY TOO. Those guitars suck.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'guy']

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2001 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy is an idiot. Simple as that. If you don't like Tokais, then why do you come here?

[Anonymously Posted by: 'gibsonhater']
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: