Would you buy a guitar from this man?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brilliance - Koiz needs a tuner and maybe a few lessons

Check out the camera angle of one of his other masterpieces - watch the whole thing. The freestyle vamping with him singing the notes as he plays them is so very reminscent of George Benson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZeYRKghg68&feature=related

I might not buy a guitar from him, but if he ever makes a movie I'd pay to go and see it :D He's a character!!

Priceless! :lol: So this is the famous Koiz, who writes the adverts?

I've been struggling to learn a riff today - having watched that, I feel better about my playing. At least I was in tune. :D

He's probably more entertaining than me though..... :eek:

stratman323 said:
Priceless! :lol: So this is the famous Koiz, who writes the adverts?

One in the same. Hist youtube moniker is the same as his ebay tag - koizguitar. Guess you don't have to play them to sell them - yet I'd feel much more comfortable about buying one from someone who can play and can answer specific questions about the tone of the guitar and such - "killer pickups" in a description doesn't mean jack if the seller plays like that. Makes his ridiculous prices even more so.

marcusnieman said:
[ "killer pickups" in a description doesn't mean jack if the seller plays like that. Makes his ridiculous prices even more so.

My favourite in eBay ads is stuff like "this is a tone monster!!!" That doesn't really tell me a lot....

marcusnieman said:
the hits keep coming and you'll love this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0CznqgKcuI

Magnificent. :p He seems to know lots of scales that I've never heard of before. So much to learn. :cry:

he ends the first one by saying ..." nice sound" ?

sorry....couldn`t make it through the entire second link...too painful.

ROTFLMAO.gif

I'm waiting for various other dealers to follow koiz' lead and demonstrate their guitars for us.

How about it? Mark? Gottfried? :eek:

:wink: :p

I do think you're all bein a bit hard on Koiz, he's trying, and certainly making a better job of an English video demo than I would a Japanese one.

Without doubt, the recorded tone and the playing could be better, but the delivery is brilliant!! Koiz is a natural comedian!!

True, we are being a bit unkind about his playing, but surely it's not asking too much for him to tune the guitar he's trying to sell before playing it? Presumably he does sell tuners?

If he tuned his guitar it wouldn't be half as funny!! I've watched every one of his videos from start to finish and would happily buy a full length DVD, especially if he sang more :D

Back