newer fernandes MIJ or not?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lamusician1

Reaction score
HELP HELP
Fernandes in CA doesn't really know what they are talking about and Fernandes Japan is unavailable for questions so....

any experts out? I think its a 2003 california thinks its possibly a 99
who can read the serial and this is indeed a japaneese axe correct?

what does the serial indicate
DSC02486.jpg

I think its
Fernandes Japan - Dragonfly Pro, Sustainer model.
Basswood body, 24 fret maple neck/rosewood fretboard . Gold Gotoh 2
point pivot bridge, hardware , magnum lock tuners

DSC02484.jpg

DSC02485.jpg

that one does not show up in my 1999 catalog...but...it doesn`t apper in my 2003 either. I always thought Fernendes was one of the easier companies to date...letter is the month and first digit in the year...least on older models that applies anyways. That headstock sticker first shows up in my Japan Vintage book vol.6 on the Revival X Revival series, and if I read it correctly, first models with that sticker were Nov. 2004...`course it`s pictured on a strat but may be safe to say it`s from this decade. As always...nothing is carved in stone on MIJs...the authors of the series of books include an e-mail address for people to contact them with corrections or to add info they may not have had at the time of printing.
I got something similar to yours last spring...has been called the Smurf burst...paid about $200.oo for it, has EMG p`ups, it`s very much like an artist model in catalogs here but minus the Floyd bridge...thank the guitar gods...

2006Sendai111.jpg

Latest posts

Back