Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Greco P bass what year/model #?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Greco
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mitch Malloy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:23 am    Post subject: Greco P bass what year/model #? Reply with quote

I usualy don't spring for the best of the best these days and I end up just fine. So just wondering what the best is and then what the good ones are as well. Thanks guys,

Mitch
japanstrat
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Greco P bass transformed into the Fender Japan P bass around 1982. I don't own any but I'd say the Greco P bass models are very close to the first Fender Japan P bass models which are highly regarded.
Mitch Malloy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to own a MIJ Fender P bass. It felt great but had no low end. It was a photo flame one. I think my new $350 yamaha sounds better. But I still want a Greco as I am now hooked. I have 3 Greco Les pauls now. Ones a JR. I love these guitars. The UD PU's and the 1000 PU's are a LOT different. I'm assuming my Custom has the 1000's as I LOVE them and I HATE what I'm assuming is the UD's in my Standard. Which PU would you say is the closest to the Greco 1000. I'm just guessing that that's what I have in the Custom I guess I should look. But that's the sound I want in my standard.
japanstrat
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Greco U-1000 pickups are what I have in my EG500 Greco Super Real. They remind me of Ibanez Super 70 pickups that were in the old 1970s Ibanez's. The Greco U-1000 and the Ibanez Super 70 pickups were both made by Maxon who made the old Ibanez Tubescreamers. The U-1000 pickups have their own sort of tone to my ear and I really like them. For the closest modern equivalent I would not have a clue. I don't think any of the SD's or DiMarzios are similar.
Mitch Malloy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice info but bummer. I'll have to keep looking. Thanks.

Mitch
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Greco All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: