Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

nitro ,,, or poly ... again again ,,,,,???????
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Burny/ Fernandes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
muccaz
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

japanstrat wrote:
Quote:
a lot off small marks on the neck

That's exactly the marks that my Greco has and your Greco has the same marks and yours is nitro when you did the acetone test. I'm not sure about the pickups. Yours is a chambered Super Real with a 2 piece top and nitro finish and I don't think it's in the catalogs. The pickups are probably U-2000 but the number that is stamped on the back of the pickups only gives the year the pickups were made and not the pickups model type.

hi
i think that greco did like fender in the early 50 ,,,,,,, the did not waste anything ,,,,,,,,,, maybe a bad made super real neck was used on a 450/500 ,,,,,, do you know who made the greco with inked serial ,,,,,,
all the best otto
japanstrat
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grecos are very confusing because they don't always follow a set pattern. This is what I know about Greco serial numbers. Hoshino Gakki (Ibanez) and Kanda Shokai (Greco) started using the same serial number formats around 1975. The serial number format is MYYXXXX M=month YY=year and XXXX=production number that could be a random number and not a sequential number. Hoshino and Kanda even shared some guitar models together in the 1970s. I know that Fujigen used this serial number format on the Ibanez guitars but in the 1980s Dyna and Chushin made certain Ibanez models and the serial number format is the same as the Fujigen format. For instance, Dyna made the Ibanez Blazers in the early 1980s and used the MYYXXXX serial number format. Fujigen didn't make any Ibanez Blazers because Hoshino chose Dyna because the finish on the Blazers was a matte finish that Fujigen didn't want to do. Different factories can use the same serial number format as long as they are making a certain model that the other factories are not making. Doing it this way there is no serial number confusion for the distributor (Hoshino or Kanda).

Matsumoku made Grecos in the 1970s with the MYYXXXX serial format but I think Matsumoku were making Greco models that Fujigen were not making so it makes sense. In 1979 the Y XXXX Greco serial number format starts appearing. Usually when more than one factory is making the same model as another factory different serial numbers are used. For the Grecos the MYYXXXX and Y XXXX serial number formats are on the same Greco models. The Y XXXX serial number could be Matsumoku or Matsumoku working with Fujigen which they did sometimes or could be another factory like Dyna.

Last edited by japanstrat on Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:58 am; edited 1 time in total
muccaz
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

japanstrat wrote:
Grecos are very confusing because they don't always follow a set pattern. This is what I know about Greco serial numbers. Hoshino Gakki (Ibanez) and Kanda Shokai (Greco) started using the same serial number formats around 1975. The serial number format is MYYXXXX M=month YY=year and XXXX=production number that could be a random number and not a sequential number. Hoshino and Kanda even shared some guitar models together in the 1970s. I know that Fujigen used this serial number format on the Ibanez guitars but in the 1980s Dyna and Chushin made certain Ibanez models and the serial number format is the same as the Fujigen format. For instance, Dyna made the Ibanez Blazers in the early 1980s and used the MYYXXXX serial number format. Fujigen didn't make any Ibanez Blazers because Hoshino chose Dyna because the finish on the Blazers was a matte finish that Fujigen didn't want tto do. Different factories can use the same serial number format as long as they are making a certain model that the other factories are not making. Doing it this way there is no serial number confusion for the distributor (Hoshino or Kanda).

Matsumoku made Grecos in the 1970s with the MYYXXXX serial format but I think Matsumoku were making Greco models that Fujigen were not making so it makes sense. In 1979 the Y XXXX Greco serial number format starts appearing. Usually when more than one factory is making the same model as another factory different serial numbers are used. For the Grecos the MYYXXXX and Y XXXX serial number formats are on the same Greco models. The Y XXXX serial number could be Matsumoku or Matsumoku working with Fujigen which they did sometimes or could be another factory like Dyna.

yes
i got a ....... i think egc 800 super sound from 81 in tobacco burst ,,,, A81xxxx .... and a egc i can not id with flower pot logo ,,,, comes with 3 piece body but with dry 1982 ..... the neck comes in what looks like ebony ,,,, or some very very dark rosewood ,,,, a 82 ... 2 54xx ,,,, the do not have the same routing in the body ,,,,, so not from the same factory ,,,,,, i dont feel like one is better than the other ,,,,,, but the dry sound very good ,,,,, has a very warm sound ,,,, not peaky ,,,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Burny/ Fernandes All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: