Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Quality of Grecos in 70s/80s

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Greco
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thechadz03
Sus4add11

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Quality of Grecos in 70s/80s Reply with quote

Hi guys,

This is quite a broad and subjective question but when do you guys feel Greco started to make really good SA (335) guitars? I have read that like most Japanese guitar companies, Greco were not very good at the beginning of the 70s at making guitars but by the late 70s were becoming very good. Would any of you recommend getting a 335 style Greco guitar earlier than 1978? Was wondering if any body has compared the quality of 79/80 year SA models with guitars from 76-78? I was thinking about getting a SA-900. Thanks alot for any advice.
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From memory, alot of the earlier 335 style Grecos had bolt on necks. As you said, their quality was still in it's formative years back in the 70's. I had this late 70's 335 for years - interstingly, it came with factory installed Gibson pickups - and it said so on the truss rod cover as well. Great guitar - sold it to a buddy of mine:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Greco All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: