Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It's Back; Let's See Who's Gonna Pounce........
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Greco
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NWOBHM
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, He ended it early again. Bad thing about that is some people wait to the last minute to bid.
Smokin' Tone
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw that. Unbelievable.
MIJvintage
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had contacted the seller on at least two occasions to inquire on particular details but....................

The first reply I received from the seller, he claims that he, "cannot get used to humbuckers, and is a single coil guy." LOL, yeah right jerk off.........

Here is but one reply from the seller?
"Thanks for the info. I'm not an expert so I don't know whether the email was correct info or not. It seemed knowledgeable and friendly so I included it. It was from some guy in Canada. Actually this is just the second time I listed it. I had so many emails (over 80 watchers and 30 emails) requesting different photos, and I could not add them because someone had placed a bid already. The guitar will sell this time. Feel free to bid if you're interested."

Here is a later reply from the would be seller.
"Hi and thanks for the question. The back is two pieces of wood , perfect grain and color match (you can only see it because of slight difference in relection of light on finish). One large piece, and one 3" wide piece on top bout of body. When I bought the guitar from Japan I was told it weighed 4.3k. I am strongly considering keeping the guitar for another couple of years and am debating ending the auction today. Things are selling so low right now on ebay. Although I might be tempted to sell if I knew I could get $1200-1500. Maybe I will relist later with a BIN only. Let me know if you have anymore questions. Best regards, Thomas "

For myself, and I can ONLY speak for myself, I am a buyer, a seller, a collector, and a player, period.
I know that encompasses quite a bit of territory but at the end of any day, one only has their integrity, and nothing else.
People like eBay member coolcat540 are nothing more & nothing less than bottom feeding game players that have nothing better to do than to f*(% with other people.

Obviously, everything that I have previously mentioned concerning this item & this seller have turned out to be true; I wonder why?

The seller obviously doesn't know how eBay, or selling works, and he obviously doesn't know if he wants to sh*$ or to get off the pot......................

"Yeah, yeah. We're in the bureau of beer and fire and cigarettes. And maybe some chicks, too." - Beavis
Smokin' Tone
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I also like the opening statement he put on his last auction.

"I've relisted this guitar due to confusion in the first listing. I apologize for any inconvenience. I will let the auction finish this time."
JohnA
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go easy on him! He has the right to change his mind, especially if it's obvious he's not going to get as much as he wants for the guitar. I know it's not nice when you think you are going to get a bargain and the auction is pulled early, but it's the sellers guitar and he can do what he wants with it.
Nani
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MIJvintage wrote:
People like eBay member coolcat540 are nothing more & nothing less than bottom feeding game players that have nothing better to do than to f*(% with other people.

Might be time to pick up your AK-47 and go sort him out, mate.

MIJvintage wrote:
The seller obviously doesn't know how eBay, or selling works, and he obviously doesn't know if he wants to sh*$ or to get off the pot......................

I'm glad you're here to teach us all how eBay works and how a true man of honour conducts himself when selling treasures on the internet. Keep fighting the good fight.
MIJvintage
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnA wrote:
Go easy on him! He has the right to change his mind, especially if it's obvious he's not going to get as much as he wants for the guitar. I know it's not nice when you think you are going to get a bargain and the auction is pulled early, but it's the sellers guitar and he can do what he wants with it.

Of course any seller has the right to 'change' their mind.

As fas as what the seller could have potentially received for the item, I informed the seller the exact amount I was prepared to offer, contingent upon receiving the information I requested concerning the item.

I in no way, shape, or form believed I would be getting a bargain, particularlly at the price I was offering.
I have paid a lot less than many others for certain guitars, and conversely I have paid much more than many others are likely willing to pay for other guitars. For me, that's just business.

As I stated earlier, "For myself, and I can ONLY speak for myself, I am a buyer, a seller, a collector, and a player, period."
One thing that means is that when I decide to place an item for bidding, I have decided to do just that, and not to play games with other people.

I really do not need another guitar; I need one like I need a hole in my head, lol but I won't be dealing with this particular seller because he has proven himself to be unreliable.
That's OK too

On a different note; have any of the more tenured members here noticed a NEW & recent stench about?

"Yeah, yeah. We're in the bureau of beer and fire and cigarettes. And maybe some chicks, too." - Beavis
stratman323

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MIJvintage wrote:
On a different note; have any of the more tenured members here noticed a NEW & recent stench about?

No, & I don't know what you mean by that, but I do worry about your blood pressure. Take it easy mate, it's not worth getting so worked up about.

Mike
MIJvintage
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stratman323 wrote:
MIJvintage wrote:

No, & I don't know what you mean by that, but I do worry about your blood pressure. Take it easy mate, it's not worth getting so worked up about.

Mike

lol, you're the second one here feigning concern for my health in as many days

If I need medical attention, I'll seek it

must be something in the water over there, huh....................

leadguitar_323
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sniff ..sniff...i can smell it...

Mick
Smokin' Tone
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnA wrote:

The guy is flakey. I know of someone else that was communicating with him via email and what Rich is saying is true. He has the right to change his mind but he is doing it too often. "I'm selling, now I'm not selling, ok I might be selling, ummm well maybe I'll do a BIN or I might just keep it"

This is at least the second time he has put it on Ebay and this time he stated that he would let the auction run. He just needs to make up his mind and quit playing games. I wasn't even going to bid on it and it pisses me off.
stratman323

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a blue Goldstar I liked that has now been pulled for the second time - apparently it has been "lost or stolen". But life goes on - all I was saying was that there is no need to get all stressed about it. And in reply, I got sarcasm.

Great....
Nani
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stratman323 wrote:
all I was saying was that there is no need to get all stressed about it. And in reply, I got sarcasm.

It's not easy to bring some humor and fun to the discussion! Things get very serious very quick when we are talking about immensely stressful guitar transactions.
fiftywatt
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smokin' Tone wrote:

The guy is flakey. I know of someone else that was communicating with him via email and what Rich is saying is true. He has the right to change his mind but he is doing it too often. "I'm selling, now I'm not selling, ok I might be selling, ummm well maybe I'll do a BIN or I might just keep it"

This is at least the second time he has put it on Ebay and this time he stated that he would let the auction run. He just needs to make up his mind and quit playing games. I wasn't even going to bid on it and it pisses me off.

I have to agree with Smokin here and with MIJ also. The seller IS a flake and a time waster. It appears to me that he is doing nothing but running auctions and ending them early on this Greco to get some sort of market appraisal on the value of his guitar. And he is using potential buyers to get that value appraisal. What a silly game. If he wants $1500 set the reserve there and set the BIN to the same. Simple.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Greco All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: