• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

USD 900,- for a Bacchus Vintage series , fair price?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteKay

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I've the possibility to buy a Bacchus BST-57V strat. from 2000 (with the Bacchus AlnicoII Pickups).

Do you think 900 USD is a fair price?

Cheers, Peter

PeteKay said:
Hi Guys,
I've the possibility to buy a Bacchus BST-57V strat. from 2000 (with the Bacchus AlnicoII Pickups).

Do you think 900 USD is a fair price?

Cheers, Peter

Seems pretty fair to me, especially if it's already in your county and you don't have to pay upwards of $100 to ship it. Is that a sea foam greenish looking one that's actually Daphne blue by chance?

PeteKay said:
Yes it is! Are you the seller?

No, but I was pretty close to buying it for 1k last week. That is a sweet looking machine. I have two bacchus strats and they are sweet guitars. I wish I could afford some more, but alas, I "should" be saving and paying off some debt first. Good luck with it!

P.S. Sent you a P.M.

Thanks, i've read many good story's about this guitar (on this forum). it only looks like everyone with a Bacchus has a BST-62V, and not an BST-57V, so I'm really curious.

I've a ' 60 reissue (tokai goldstar) already, but I was still looking for a ' 50 strat, and especially this colour with maple neck.

forsaleIII177.jpg

Awesome in that colour! The finish looks great! Do you like the guitar SJ?

Peter

P.S. Brock, I've replyd to you're PM, but it's still in 'outbox'

Yea, what a beauty. He had such a nice collection of guitars, they are about all gone now. I really wanted to get one of his collection, but, that was about the last one that really enthused me. Unless he comes off the Van Zandts!

PeteKay said:
Thanks, i've read many good story's about this guitar (on this forum). it only looks like everyone with a Bacchus has a BST-62V, and not an BST-57V, so I'm really curious.

I've a ' 60 reissue (tokai goldstar) already, but I was still looking for a ' 50 strat, and especially this colour with maple neck.

MIJ seems to go for the BST-64's. I really like my 62. It is not the vintage series, but, it is usually my go-to strat, and it has some tough competition including a vintage series SRV, a PGM Moon, and a 76 Fender.

btmish said:
Yea, what a beauty. He had such a nice collection of guitars, they are about all gone now. I really wanted to get one of his collection, but, that was about the last one that really enthused me. Unless he comes off the Van Zandts!

Yes indead. He (Andrew) have only one Bacchus still in his collection, a BST62 from 2002 with the Yuta pickups.
I think he will wait a few years before he will sell his Van Zands, saddly.

PeteKay said:
Yes indead. He (Andrew) have only one Bacchus still in his collection, a BST62 from 2002 with the Yuta pickups.
I think he will wait a few years before he will sell his Van Zands, saddly.

the BST-57V was serial 002220, which if it were a rose' board, I would have latched onto that one but maple; I pass........

of the 20 or so Bacchus I have owned I still have my two 64V models; a 0022** & a 0025** serialed example :)

the BST-57V was serial 002220, which if it were a rose' board, I would have latched onto that one but maple; I pass........
It's a matter of taste I think. For '50 strats i prefer Maple, for '60 strats Rosewood.

of the 20 or so Bacchus I have owned I still have my two 64V models; a 0022** & a 0025** serialed example :)
So it look's like your 0022** strat is made in the same week or month as the mine.... That's accidental ;)

PeteKay said:
It's a matter of taste I think. For '50 strats i prefer Maple, for '60 strats Rosewood.

That's just as well, since 50s Strats have maple boards, and 59 to mid 60s have rosewood.

Mike

I've played and owned a tone of Strats, in many brands, and prefer the round lam' neck rose' boards

the tonal repsonse resides between a maple neck & a slab board neck; great tonal balance, IMO

I used to collect the under 010000 serial numbered example Bacchus BST models but now I'm concentrating on the under 003000 ones now

so, you purchased the sonic blue 57V, from Andrew?

MIJvintage said:
I've played and owned a tone of Strats, in many brands, and prefer the round lam' neck rose' boards

the tonal repsonse resides between a maple neck & a slab board neck; great tonal balance, IMO
OK, I think i don't understanded you on the last post. My english is not so good. ;)
I used to collect the under 010000 serial numbered example Bacchus BST models but now I'm concentrating on the under 003000 ones now
Why do you prefer the <003000 serials, is that because the Bacchus handwounded pickups?
so, you purchased the sonic blue 57V, from Andrew?
Yes, I bought it from him, it's a friendly guy.
But it needs to ship from the US to the Netherlands, cost me a lot of $$$ , but so it is. It will be probably the only Bacchus vintage strat in Holland
:D

PeteKay said:
Why do you prefer the <003000 serials, is that because the Bacchus handwounded pickups?

Yes, I bought it from him, it's a friendly guy.
But it needs to ship from the US to the Netherlands, cost me a lot of $$$ , but so it is. It will be probably the only Bacchus vintage strat in Holland
:D

just personal preference & more of a challenge; as if obtaining the higher numbered ones is easy :wink:
It would be nice to snag one of the very early ones with Fralins, which are extremely rare
I know of one in CA that has the Fralins; a sunburst BST-64V, with a 0014** serial 8)

Nice snag on the sonic blue 57V; if you like maple you will love that Strat :D

Back