LOVE ROCK II

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max The Dog

Reaction score
Hi all, I have just taken delivery of my Love Rock II and thought I would share it with you all. Its a 2004 model in what I think is violin finish, the pictures make it look redder than it is, its more brown. I have looked in the p/up cavity and there are a couple of letters there but not very clear,
however it does have the long tenon neck joint which I was not aware of.
Can anybody tell me which p/ups this guitar comes with please? I paid ?330 and as far as I am aware it has only had one previous owner. I am now going to try to upload some pics.
Pete. :eek:

moreLRII008.jpg

moreLRII009.jpg

moreLRII001.jpg

[/img]

Thanks for that Billy Wizz, I dont know if they are considered any good but they certainly sound ok through my Carvin Bel air.
Still working on those sockets! :roll:

Max

You've got a bargain there, I've got one of the prototype Love Rock II's
that went to the Frankfurt Guitair show in 2002, very versatile. I've put a Bare Knuckle Mule in the neck and a Custom made Leosound in the Bridge. Get a tail piece and faber kit and you'll have one sweet guitar. I've met and played on the Martin Booth guitars that it's a direct copy of and there is little difference between them.

Is the top on yours solid as the ad states, or is it a veneer glued onto a solid block ?

Chris

Hi Chris,I think mine must be a veneer as the face has a join down the middle but the actual maple cap is one piece. I must make some enquiries
about the Faber kit as I have read so many good things about them on this forum. A Martyn Booth Classic or Signature is my dream but starting at ?2650 its a bit out of my reach.

Hi Pete!

I'd say at UKP 330.-- she is a real bargain. Actually the LR2 is one of the few Tokai's I've never touched. I just know her by spec. But I guess you know that Tokai always tries again to avoid the lawyers. :lol:

The point Chris made about the pups and stoptail are 100% valid. However, I'd recommend to get the orignial japanese quality piece, called "Fixer". The Faber kit from Germany is ok as well, but the original is the original and has much better quality. I believe the german one is MIC. When you see both side/by/side you know what I am talking about.
Pricewise they are the same.

Cheers! Rup

Hi Rup, Thanks for the info, do you know where I may be able to buy one of the FIXER kits? I do like to keep as faithful as possible to the original but if I can't locate one I will get a Faber kit.

http://www.rinkya.com/twview.pl?URL=http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k54264323

I use Rinkya to bid at yahoo.jp.

Rup

Latest posts

Back