Greco Jazzmaster!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheshirecatsmile

Reaction score
Check this out (and the price!!)

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-1980-GRECO-SUPER-REAL-JM-700-PRE-JV-RARE-MIJ_W0QQitemZ230217575436QQihZ013QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
________
Cbr250

"Greco was chosen by Fender USA in 1982 to launch Fender Japan which produced the highly sought after JV models."

Is that true? :eek: It's certainly an unusual colour....

Mike

stratman323 said:
"Greco was chosen by Fender USA in 1982 to launch Fender Japan which produced the highly sought after JV models."

Is that true? :eek: It's certainly an unusual colour....

Mike

I've been gawking over that for the last few days now. What a looker!

Here's another rare bird (if it's real!):

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170189210861

It's been on the market for months now--again the price is high and this would be pretty easy to fake, but if it's real it's super rare and possibly worth the price--just too rich for my blood! I emailed Paul Rumble, former operator of that JV website about this-- he thought it could be a genuine domestic model. I've seen a JV tele thinline recently that looked right, and I think Fender Japan did make a few less common JV models.
________
Buy Hot Box

I have that same book and it does appear genuine. I have read that the people who came over from F/USA chose the factory that was producing Grecos to build the first FJs.

sneakyjapan said:
I have that same book and it does appear genuine. I have read that the people who came over from F/USA chose the factory that was producing Grecos to build the first FJs.
Overpriced?...I think I`ve seen johhnyringo bidding on Yahoo Japan so he knows what some people are paying for old Grecos nowadays. Would I pay that? Not in this lifetime...I just got this 1987 FA67-75 Super Real for less than $300.oo, so not everybody is willing to pay the prices sellers are asking these days nor do we have to...if people want to help bring prices down, stop paying thousands for old MIJs. Sellers ask crazy prices because people are willing to pay them. Got my Springy locally for less than $200.oo a couple of months ago, I`ve paid $300.oo for JVs here.

But sneaky, you must realize that Japan is only the source for our sickness; the demand is much greater, and it is world wide

Consider yourself lucky to be at the source, and enjoy your advantage for a cheap thrill; an advantage that most here do not have

cheers...................................

Japan is in the same location it`s always been in, whats stopping anybody from coming over?

Well, in japan the price are very expensive too. Maybe not where sneaky is living, but generally...

they are aware of what' going on with their guitars. The Tokai are very expensive now. Like take the Tokai tele: expensive in japan while Greco are cheaper and fernandes go for nothing. Those are as good as the Tokai so...

Of course ,you can get some good deals from time to time on the models not so thought after or on a small shops in the countryside. BUt visit Tokyo and you won't find so many high end guitars and in the guitar shops or at the local hard off the prices are quite high.

The Greco jazzmaster and jaguar are not so thought after. One stayed at ishibashi u box for more than 1 year for quite cheap. On yahoo they don't go for so much money. But they're scarce.

those ebay sellers they throw away some worms and see if the fishes are coming but if no one bite they will put a smaller price. They have nothing to loose to put a high price so why not. There's a a mijmania after all.

sneaky-chan can I be on your testament? I guess nobody's much into guitars in your family. :oops:

f5joe said:
Corn is cheap where I live because I'm so close to it. :lol:

That's global market with rising prices too. Food is getting more expensive everywhere because demand is rising and land available to grow it is shrinking. Happily, the falling dollar makes US corn, wheat etc cheaper for most of the rest of the world to buy, which cushions some of the effects of global food-price inflation. Unless, of course, you live in the USA.

Corn, guitars, fuel etc etc. We live in a global market.

..."sneaky-chan can I be on your testament? I guess nobody's much into guitars in your family..."

might be wrong about what I think you`re saying but...my brother in law and his son play guitars I sent them. Anyways...you wouldn`t want any of the guitars in the picture of mine you posted a while ago `cause you were criticizing the necks, without having even seen them... or too many Japanese apartments I gather? I have begun selling off the guitars I won`t be taking back to Canada with me when we go and so far the guys who bought em have been very happy so sleep tight in the knowledge that no guitars were injured in the taking of that photo.

f5joe said:
MIJVintage makes an excellent point.

Corn is cheap where I live because I'm so close to it. :lol:

hope you guys aren`t paying the same prices for your corn that you do for your MIJ guitars. An ear costs about $1.oo at the best of times in this city.
If you guys wanna be close to the MIJs, like I said..... you just have to come and get em like I did.

sneakyjapan said:
Japan is in the same location it`s always been in, whats stopping anybody from coming over?

I think the cost of a flight to Japan, plus hotels, would add a fair bit to the price of any guitar bought there, however cheap it might be!

Maybe if we bought 50 guitars over there, it might make sense......

Surely the bottom line of this post is "Does anybody really want a Jazzmaster?" They're so, erm...well, what can you say about a Jazzmaster? :-? Hardly one of Leo's greatest inventions. :eek:

Latest posts

Back