ZAKK WYLDE TOKAI BULLSEYE LES PAUL COPY

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jobu77

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I just recently purchased a Tokai guitar Its the Zakk Wylde Bullseye Les Paul copy and was wonder
if anyone could give me as much information & history about the guitar.

just some of the information I'm looking for are things like

: what year were they made ?
: is the year in the serial # ?
: how many were made?
: how do I find out what # mine is?
: how much did they sell for when they came out?
: what are the pick ups in it ( they are not EMGs)
................and anything more would be greatly appreciated

The guitar is incredible it really really is.
Its 100% better than the epiphone ZW - Bullseye copy

Thanks
Mike

First I knew of this model :eek:
I'll hand over to our resident Zakk Wylde authority....hello...come in Mick...do you read me Mick?

Hey buddy, MIK and thats about it don't know much else i'm not even to sure what market they were made for... :-? Not much help eh... :p

here's a review

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar/product/Tokai/Love+Rock+Custom+Zakk+Wylde+Model/10/1
Mick

jobu77 said:
Hi everyone
I just recently purchased a Tokai guitar Its the Zakk Wylde Bullseye Les Paul copy and was wonder
if anyone could give me as much information & history about the guitar.

It is another Fakai from the Canadian seller, see as well here:
http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=10081

jobu77 said:
The guitar is incredible it really really is.

Sure, why not? Maybe you're right. But it isn't a Tokai ...

Why does it seem that the only legit Tokai reseller in the whole of the Canadian province is JSD?

Hi all, are you sure these are "fakai's" they are made in korea and have been around for a couple of years now, It also has no relevance to the other thread..?? I'm sure you are all aware by now that Tokai produce a lot of guitars that don't appear in their catalogues, the neo select models are a good example of these. I think some of us are a little quick in calling these Fakes.. :-?

Mick

This is a quote from a guy who saw them at a trade show in the USA. QUOTE,
The story on those is, they made 25 for the trade shows accross the USA in 2004. No one took them up because obviously you have the licensed epiphones, so the logic goes who's going to by a copy of a copy etc, regardless of the fact that the Tokais piss on the epiphones. So, a trader in Canada bought all 25 and sold them on ebay. I was lucky to get one cuz originally he wouldn't ship here. I pestered him and thankfully he relented.
I will try to dig up some more info on these but as i said previously they are made in korea and are not fakes. Just because you haven't see them before doesn't mean they don't exist..

Mick

Ozeshin said:
Why does it seem that the only legit Tokai reseller in the whole of the Canadian province is JSD?

Mike's Music in Ontario used to be pretty good but I don't know if he's a Tokai dealer any more.

Gottfried is correct.

There can be opinions passed back and forth as to the legitimacy of these guitars, and others being Tokai.

They are not Tokai in the true sense of the word.

Fakai is correct.

Even these are not true Tokai guitars, however, if people chose to believe that they are....well, good on you.

http://www.eastwoodguitars.com/GTRs/tokia-hummingbird/gtr-Blk-tokiaHB.htm

Just another Fakai.

I see where Mick's headed with this...Gottfried and Peter...
So if a Tokai was not a production run it's NOT a Toka?

Thanx Oze, they said the same thing about neo select guitars, and they are definitely Tokai's. There seems to be a trend here that if they don't know, then its a fake. I find this a little small minded.. :-? And i think also if you are going to put sh1t on this guys guitar then maybe you should offer some proof..!!

Mick

Tokai in Canada has always been a contentious issue, especially with respect to the origins of the pieces.

When the authenticity of these pieces has been challenged, there has been no proof offered to confirm that these pieces came through Tokai Gakki. A similar situation, although they are distrubuted under the Eastwood brand, applies with the Hummingbird. People can chose to believe it is a Tokai. These are not Tokai in the true sense of the word.

I do not recall putting "sh1t" on a guitar owned by anyone, just calling a spade a spade. Also, Mick, I do not recall questioning the legitimacy of the neo-select pieces, in the past. Perhaps there is some confusion here, or, are you a little miffed that I know that Tokai were not putting ill fitting "Les Paul" logo's on 1981 LC's (there are some laws that Tokai Gakki must abide by) and having a second hand dealer try and flog it as original. If that is the case, please hold the " narrow minded" for someone else, OK?

We all know that Tokai Gakki will make custom production runs, from time to time, no news here. They may be custom order by a customer, or, as a result in the timbers being used not fitting in with the existing Tokai Catalogue. That any "non production run" model is seen as a fake, by me or others (togps, in this case), is ridiculous. Where models that are unusual and one-off have cropped up around here, I have seen requests for more info on the piece, in particular, but no specific denials that they are, in fact Tokai Gakki guitars.

When I see some actual proof that these guitars sold in Canada are Tokai Gakki, then my stance will change and apologies will be offered to all that I have offended by calling Fakai.

First step would be to check some of the mirky mush and sidestepping used when these pieces have been challenged. There is no evidence that these are Tokai Gakki.

The second step would be to ask your contact about the legitimacy of these pieces.

Lets keep things warm and cozy, in this small club of Tokai owners. We can agree to disagree, I'm cool with that. However, leave out the personal slights, however oblique you like to cast them.

Sorry Peter, the bits of my post you took offense to were not directed at you , my tone may be a little harsh {had the flu for a week now :-? } I am not in any way refering to the lc 60 in the other post. What do you mean in the true sense of the word??. Already have some info coming from Japan, and so far i have been told that the zakk guitar and a Schenker V both came out of the Tokai Korean factory, when confirmation comes {or not} i will post it one way or the other. I also expect that if "someone" decides to call these "fakes" that also proof should be forthcoming as it can be a bit of a shock to the person who has just bought it and also we need to know this as a group to avoid buying these types of guitars. I am also glad someone else here knows what neo select Tokai's are, these are some of the best guitars made under the Tokai name. I also just re read the post and i can't quite understand why you thought it was aimed at you, if i thought it was you i had a problem with i would have sent a PM and approached this differently, no offence intended.

Mick

No worries Mick 8)

I thought the tone seemed a little out of the usual. That is what prompted my long winded, defensive reply.

I'm interested to know the facts with regard to some of the models that come up in Canada.

All is cool, I'll have a XXXX {shudders} for you if you are crook :D

Peter

I had a few on Saturday night and fell asleep face down on my keyboard til 4.30am :eek:

leadguitar_323 said:
There seems to be a trend here that if they don't know, then its a fake. I find this a little small minded.. :-? And i think also if you are going to put sh1t on this guys guitar then maybe you should offer some proof..!! Mick

:eek: Mick, do you think, Mr. Shohei Adachi, the president of Tokai Gakki, Ltd., Japan, is a liar?? :eek:

Latest posts

Back