Tokai Dh 502-ch?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jophek

Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone tell me more about a Tokai dh-502-ch?

This is what I know about it: Apparently, the the ch means it was made in China. Also, I heard that they were part of a limited run of Tokai guitars that were only sold in Canada. They came in 2 colours red & blue. And that's all I know.

I'd love to know a bunch of important things, like how much the original retail value of this guitar was. What the reviews of this guitar were like... And most importantly, if it was part of a limited run for a good or a bad reason :[

Thanks for your help.

This guitar is a lousy fake and not an official Tokai.
http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=8166&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Everything I've read seems like rumor or hearsay as far as I'm concerned. I can only comment on the guitar because I own one. There are no markings on the gutiar other than 'Tokai' on the headstock.

I got it for a song, $300cnd including a nice hardshell archtop case. Mine is a cherry sunburst, so they did come in more than just red and blue, but the burst ones seem to be a bit less common. I love the guitar, it plays great, the Bigsby style trem works great, the finish is good, it sounds great to my ear, and it stays in tune. I haven't read anything bad about them from the people that actually own one, other than the electronics being not so great. I've had no issues with them to date.

As far as why/if they were a limitted run, I couldn't tell you, nor do I care to find out. I'm just glad it's worked out so well for me. I personally don't care what it says on the headstock, or if it is a fake. For the price I paid it is a great guitar regardless of who or where it was made. Just my take.

SS

togps said:
Slinky Slinger said:
I personally don't care what it says on the headstock, or if it is a fake.
So fine, no prob for me. Have fun and enjoy your Fakai...

=============

That's funny coming from a guy who seems to be an expert on a guitar manufacturer that does nothing but build copies(albeit good ones) or 'fakes' of other guitar makers. And by the way, I enjoy my 'Fakai' every day! LOL!

SS

Hi slinky, Togps is an agent for Tokai and is very knowledgeable when it comes to Tokai's, he is in constant contact with the company bosses and knows exactly what he is talking about. As far as Tokai's being fakes, gibson should take a leaf from their book as they build far superior guitars and if you knew more about them you would already know this

Mick

Hey guys

I dislike FAKE guitars, any and all FAKES.....WHY?

My definition of a FAKE guitar to me is a COUNTERFEIT guitar

I have no time for people in the counterfeit market out there, for the simple reason that those bastards are preying on people who are after a bargain, and that folks, I am sure, is all of us, we all would like a bargain, yeah?

I would rather knowingly buy a guitar that is not a FAKE.

The counterfeit industry for guitars will never go away of course,

And if you support counterfeit fake guitars by saying 'oh it's a good guitar and I am proud of it' then mate, you can go and fxxx off.........

Isn't that guitar in this thread COUNTERFEIT?

Or, have I missed something here???

Mick

The definitions here are really very liberal.
I've always referred to TOKAI as being "replica's" NOT fakes.
The word fake to me denotes that something is not quite right about it.
The people here who own genuine Tokai's(both vintage and new but more so vintage) will attest to the fact that right down to the smallest measurement...our Tokai's are EXACT replica's of their Fender/Gibson counterparts both in construction and quality.
These Dillion/Tokai monstrosities look nothing like the ES replica's that Tokai make.
They don't come close to this type of quality:
e0086575.jpg

Now in previous posts about these Dillion/Tokai knockoffs,people have said "that they don't care who made their guitars,that location of manafacture shouldn't be a big deal and that they are as happy as pigs in mud with their purchases".
Now that's a fair enough point.
I own guitars from china(Squier,Legacy),Indonesia(Silvertone,Peavey)and Japan(ESP,Tokai) and I bought them all because they were decent guitars...some outstanding but all perfectly able to be setup and stand proudly alongside each other.
MY gripe is having people saying..."Yeah...I've got this DH-502-BL Tokai and I'm now a proud Tokai owner blah blah etc etc".
There is sooo much controversy and doubt about this particular guitar that I wish people would come here and ASK FIRST for advice before splashing out their hard earned on these fake Tokai's...and yes...I used the word FAKE.

Latest posts

Back