Fakai

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

togps

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/TOKAI-hollow-body-with-f-holes-and-BIGSBY-prototype_W0QQitemZ130308196362QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item1e56f9480a&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1546|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50

i feel bad for the seller, at least he is being honest and seems genuine with hs disclaimer. it must be awful for anyone who ends up with a fakai, chibanez, chinese gibson or whatever. especially the hardworking kids who have saved for ages only to be duped by crap! http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/Features/CounterfeitGibsons/ it really pays to do your homework when it comes to high priced guitars.
btw, how did you guys know that this guitar is a fakai? is it because tokai didnt actually build this model?

Yes that is the most obvious thing, Tokai never made this model, also the sticker on the back of the headstock is a dead giveaway as well. No Tokai had the "make under license" transfer on the back of the headstock. These guitars have been debated over and over again and finally i sent Tokai president an email with some detailed pics and questions which he graciously answered for me, this is where i eventually found out for certain that these guitars were fake. Ozeshin and I are slowly putting a site together to deal with these fakes called Almost Tokai,so there will be a one stop shop for everyone to identify these guitars.

Mick

If you need help with that fakai site just let me know, I live in the land of Fakai and since getting my Tokai. I've seen fake copys of almost every model Tokai makes and some they don't. The classifieds and kijiji/craigslist etc. are loaded with them.Goldstars, Breezy's, Love Rocks, you name it. There seems to be a never ending supply of them too, which makes me wonder if they are still being produced and shipped into this country somehow. Oddly enough I've never yet seen a "jr" or a "special" style fake love rock yet. I suppose they are just not popular enough or something.

Gday brokentoes, mate that would be awesome, i have heaps of pics buy the more the merrier as they say. Some of the goldstars and breezies would be nice ...

Thanks.

Mick

Here's one of my personal favorites, as you don't see the fake breezy's as much as the love rock fakes, On sale now for the low low price of $450 Canadian dollars, same price I paid for my real 2nd hand 2000 Love rock jr. !!!!

The Rosie !!! Ain't that honey swell !!!

2rfstv5.jpg

i3ytr6.jpg

25pjmhj.jpg

There are fake Breezys from the same factory as the Love Rocks? Wow, I had no idea. That actually looks like quite a well made guitar, from what I can see.

:eek:

I don't know if they are all from the same factory stratman323, i don't claim to know that much about the fakes. I found this forum when I was thinking of buying my 2000 love rock tj-60 and thanks to the kind people here I was able to make an informed buy from a honest guy and now have a really nice guitar as a result. I knew about Tokai guitars before but if not for this forum and my taste for jr's I could have easily bought one of the many fakes and been none the wiser, at least for a little while. I've never actually held one in my hands to play one to tell you if they are a well made or a great sounding guitar, they very well could be and i doubt most people here in Canada with one would know they have a fake, of course i'm biased because i'm Canadian myself. There are bad seeds everywhere and I hope I can help by providing some documentation for your Almost Tokai site. It's nice to get what you pay for and if I can help even one person anywhere in the world not to get one pulled over on them I will. I know many musicians myself and I can tell you none of us are even what you'd call middle class. A quality musical instrument of any kind is an investment and rarely can we buy such instruments new. I'm sure you have many pictures of the common ones we all see on ebay and such so I will limit mine to the more uncommon ones I find around and about. Should I continue to post them here in this thread or is there a better place for them ???? Anyway good luck with your site, i'll keep in touch

Brokentoes

Here's one that's supposed to be a Tokai "deluxe". They want $500 to take it off their hands.

efmdsg.jpg

2qmqdya.jpg

qn9nvr.jpg

Strange bird eh ???

Well i've seen fake Tokai "hummingbirds"with the same if not very similar headstock and they also have the "make in korea" deal on the back but for this ad there was no back of the headstock shot.

Latest posts

Back