My '61 SG copy has arrived!!!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yep, she's here, and I'm in love!!!
PERFECT Gibson knock-off. (Gibson '61 re-issue goes for $1500.00)
Even though it's MIK, I'm shocked and amazed at just how wonderful this thing is.
Black. Bound, set neck. VERY light. 6lbs. (most of the weight seems to be the neck) which puzzles me, since I was under the assumption that it was a mahogony body & neck. Unless it's the massive control cavity lightening up the body. The neck is fast and smooth, not sticky at all. I may not even strip the finish. The rosewood is a little light-colored for my tastes, but, hey, you can't have everything. The body's finish seems a little thin, but we'll see how she holds up. Still looks beautiful though.
It plays extremely well. VERY resonant body. AWESOME sustain(which is a shock for an SG) If it weren't for the EMG's in my Les Paul, I'd say it would be equal to that
Stock pickups also shocked the hell out of me. Very quiet and still pretty agressive. It also cleans up very nicely. I'll still probably swap them out, but I may keep them around just for the heck of it.
Overall, I'm VERY, VERY impressed. Best $350.00 I ever spent. Looks like I scored!!!
It's kind of a ***** living in the U.S., Tokai's are hard to come by, but I'm definately keeping my eyes open for another one.

Latest posts

Back