Tuning keys for a 78 LP Reborn?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

omboy

Reaction score
Hi. I've done a search but wasn't able to find much for some reason. . . can someone tell me what models of Kluson or Gotoh tuners will be a direct replacement for the Tokai doublerings on my 78? The Tokai tuners hold fine once in tune, but I don't care for their feel.

Thanks!

I just replaced the original double ring tuners on my '78 LS60 with these aged Klusons. They are soooo much smoother. I did have to ream the holes on my headstock ever so slightly.

TIP: I actually used my sharpening steel for my kitchen knives and it worked really well!

Anyway here is the link - good luck:

http://www.bluecollarguitarparts.com/agkldorirow.html

why change it???
i love my tokai reborn ls60 tuners...its beautiful man...
check this out --->

vladmaximus-albums-vlad-1978-tokai-reborn-ls60-full-pics-picture10227-machine-head-3.jpg

omboy said:
Hi. I've done a search but wasn't able to find much for some reason. . . can someone tell me what models of Kluson or Gotoh tuners will be a direct replacement for the Tokai doublerings on my 78? The Tokai tuners hold fine once in tune, but I don't care for their feel.

Thanks!

omboy, let me know if you want to sell those tuners, I'm interested... :D

Just in case anyone needs to know, Gotoh SD90 Kluson-style tuners are a direct replacement. Everything lines up, and the fit is perfect enough that I didn't have to swap the bushings.

Vlad, the Tokai tuners had developed some slop; they hold fine once you attain proper tune, but the Gotohs are much smoother and thus tuning is faster for me. Also, double ring keys on a guitar modeled on a 50s Les Paul just seems wrong to me :wink:

Back