Burny (??) Firebird inside

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mu.

Reaction score
This is my Firebird, the seller sold it as a Burny, but I can't say if he's right. Indeed, the truss road cover is a Gibson one.
Someone can help me?
There is no serial write back of the head, like every Burny! But something behind the neck pickup.

Let's see:

dscf3785c.jpg

dsc0022w.jpg

dscf4320x.jpg

Looks like mine, may have had a refrett though as I'm sure it should have fret edge binding.

Looks like mine, may have had a refrett though as I'm sure it should have fret edge binding.

hi
i got this firebird on the way from japan right now ...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22552280@N02/sets/72157617995593795/
i have 3 burny lp .... and 2 burny sg .....
and if it has the serial in the pickup cavity ,,,, is is from the 90 according to nils moller ... see this link
http://www.japanguitars.co.uk/burny%20info.htmlee here
i dont know if it how old mine is .... i can only find it in the fernandes catalog from 78 ... but i must wait and see when i get it .. it does not have a serial :D :D :D
all the best
otto

HI GOT MINE FRON JAPAN 2 DAYS AGO ....... VERY FUNNY TUNERS .... TAKES SOME TIME TO GET USED TO :D :D VERY LIGHT AND A SUPER CLEAN GUITAR ..... A BIG NECK VERY EASY TO PLAY ...
AND MINE GOT A SERIAL IN THE PICKUP CAVITY LIKE YOURS ... MINE IS 92004... SO MAYBE ONLY 90 GUITARS FROM MINE TO YOURS :wink: :wink:

ALL THE BEST
OTTO

Wow, That looks good! :D Some Burny's I've seen, don't have fret-edge binding, especially 90's and later ones, made by Fujigen and Tokai factories.

hi
it looks like mine had fret bindings but not any more ,,,,,,, it dont think it has refretet ...... but i can see it some places on the neck ...... and it allso has noble pots ...... ???? so does my burny sg from 83 and my 90 from 80 ,,,,,, maybe they used noble pots on a difference factory ... i allso got a lp jr with noble pots ..... i was thinking early 80 ...... but to my big surprice ,,,,,,, it has a serial number in the pickup cavity :eek: :eek:
every thing on the guitar tuners truss rod cover knobs caps pots it even has the turtle scratch plate ....says early 80 ....... but with a serial it must be 90 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
not easy with old jv :D :D
all the best
otto

Yeah, that whole serial number thing is confusing! :) I've seen ones like my 94' with the serial number starting with a 4 in the bridge pup route. Then I've seen other sellers on ebay with a serial number in the neck cavity pup route, state that it's mid 80's? :eek:

hi
i did talk with nils moller ...... and he has a burny lp jr like mine ,,,,,, and he did look at his burny and it too has a serial in the pickup cavity ,,, :eek: :eek: :eek: and he is 100 % sure it is from the early 80 :eek: :eek:
so ....... a serial does not allways mean the 90s ....
i am thinking it was from another factory .... so now we only have to find out witch factory used inked serial in the pickup cavity ........ :D :D :D

does anyone have a clue witch fatory it can be ???????
all the best
otto

Back