Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

eric johnson's 1958 goldtop mint!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Sightings & eBay Alerts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TOKAI JOE
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:44 am    Post subject: eric johnson's 1958 goldtop mint! Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.com/ERIC-JOHNSONS-1958-GIBSON-LES-PAUL-GOLDTOP-NEAR-MINT_W0QQitemZ160332778013QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item2554940a1d&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A35|294%3A50

stratman323

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Item location: Austin, TX - "Keep Austin Weird", United States

marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stratman323 wrote:
Quote:
Item location: Austin, TX - "Keep Austin Weird", United States

Keep Austin Wierd is a popular saying - lots of bumper stickers and t shirts with that on them.
JVsearch
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb condition original LP!

I can't help getting a bit excited when I occasionally see these guitars.

See how the neck has a slight V-shaped profile - Gibson have only just included that detail on the Historics this year.

Is Austin weird? That little catch phrase is quite humorous, better than some of the ones we've had in here in Australia.
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JVsearch wrote:

Is Austin weird? That little catch phrase is quite humorous, better than some of the ones we've had in here in Australia.

Austin is not like the typical Texas city. Very environmentally conscious, kind of hippy dippy, big in the arts, etc. It is also gorgeous. Austin is located in the Texas Hill Country with rolling hills, lakes, natural springs, etc (most of the state is flat and not nearly as pretty).

However it's grown massively over the last 20 years and it's becoming a big city with all of the big city hassles - the beautiful hills are now covered with new homes, new highways, etc. I lived there in the 80's and it doesn't look or feel the same as it did then. So when people say keep Austin wierd, they mean hang on to what it was before.

Austin's not wierd, it's cool. But Austinites don't take the wierd reference as an insult. It's a badge of honor.
bigmike
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcusnieman wrote:
JVsearch wrote:

Austin is not like the typical Texas city. Very environmentally conscious, kind of hippy dippy, big in the arts, etc. It is also gorgeous. Austin is located in the Texas Hill Country with rolling hills, lakes, natural springs, etc (most of the state is flat and not nearly as pretty).

However it's grown massively over the last 20 years and it's becoming a big city with all of the big city hassles - the beautiful hills are now covered with new homes, new highways, etc. I lived there in the 80's and it doesn't look or feel the same as it did then. So when people say keep Austin wierd, they mean hang on to what it was before.

Austin's not wierd, it's cool. But Austinites don't take the wierd reference as an insult. It's a badge of honor.

ALL OF WHAT MARCUS SAID... I was stationed near Austin in the late 60's and man it was great going there on days off... A Gorgeous college town, lots of great bars and music, terrific food and really nice folks... Such a nice place couldn't be kept quiet forever, I am sure there is still lots of the charm that made Austin what it was then...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Sightings & eBay Alerts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: