My ES... help and info.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratsalad

Reaction score
hey guys long time but i have bean given a pressie...
what ES is it is it real?
and do normal gibson parts fit it like machine heads and scratch plate fit? any info is thanks
2s7gimx.jpg

2435g15.jpg

11jsyn4.jpg

2m28kyw.jpg

Can we get a shot of the headstock? At first glance it looks like a Korean made ES60.

Gibson parts will not fit due to the metric/imperial difference. A scratch plate might do though - I haven't tried.

Edit: not Korea - China. Sorry!

yeh it has a redish/orange sticker in the F hole saying tokai gakki co
if this helps.

and the serial number printed and starts with 08XXXX

Yep, looks spot on. ES60, 2008 if they've sorted out their serials. Specs:

Made in China
Maple Arched Top
Maple Side and Back
Maple Set-Neck
Rosewood Fingerboard
22 Frets
LS-VBK Bridge
LS-VTK Tailpiece
Dot Inlay
PAF-Vintage MK4 Pick Ups ?2
2 x Volume, 2 x Tone
3way Toggle switch

Nice present! You might want to replace the pickups - the MKIVs are very modern sounding and a bit too muddy for most ears, though by all accounts the rest of the instrument will be well made.

That's a good question LOL...
So its legit??
Yeh tones good but could be better, I'm going hand weld brielys when I come back from over seas :)
Also how would I go bout finding different machine heads...
Pearl ones
Thanks for clarifying everything...
Cheers

I'm not 100% familiar with the ES60, just the Japanese ones - but to me at least it looks legit. Rich? Oze? Anything here that looks dodgy?

As for machine heads - I don't know any perfect drop-in replacements, but they're made by Gotoh (sadly not up to Gotoh's usual standards it seems!), so start there; if you don't want tulip heads, you may be left with the top holes open, but I've seen people replace them on their love rocks and the bottom screw is a perfect fit. A good general rule of thumb is to try to get some from a local shop on approval to make sure they fit.

And finally, remember to string that bad boy with 10s at least to get the best out of the scale length!

Thanks.... I do like the tulip heads just don't think that the one on it look good. I would prefure a pearl or something like that for them to match...
Well I can't complain. It plays good... And I will be restringing it this week with 10s
Cheers.
If anyone wants to give anymore info thanks :)

Looks ok to me folks.

The chinese ones we've had through have the orange sticker too.

ES60, nice guitar and looks to be a nice case with also. Really nice pressie.

Latest posts

Back