EGF-1200

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with you Rich, touchy feely isn't my approach either but once they realise that you are not trying to offend, it gets a bit easier. Can be trying though.... :eek:

Mick

What is the approx going price now for a EGF-1200 in EU? Or EGF-1000? That have fatter necks right?

You are looking at 1200 euros + for a nice EGF1000, a bit less for an 850 and a LOT more for a 1200, they all have fat necks, the 1200's are a bit bigger, but the 850's & 100's are big enough!!

Ok thnk you for the info, how much more for a EGF-1200? 1800 Euro?

villager said:

Heh, yes of course, but when buying from Japan the price seems to be total around 1500 euro when it get to Europe depending on taxes.

ah but thats assuming that you can actually get one in Japan,

any 1200 that comes for sale in Japan goes within 5 minutes of being up on line, most do not even come for public sale, as there is a network of dealers who have contacts in all the guitar shops that do trade in business, when anything high end comes in the dealers and collectors get first pick, if the shop wants too much, and the dealers and collectors dont want to pay the shops price, only then does it go on actual sale..

the recent one that sold in Japan was underpriced, the last good one that went in an open auction went for 210000 yen, so for a european, add 20% duty, 20000 yen shipping, and any buying fees (rinkya etc etc)

and you get around 290-300000 to get it to your door, thats around 2200 euro..

Ok, but maybe that is the going price now, that's why he put it up for sale :)
The prices are dropping dramaticly it seems, all brands, in these hard days.

bart said:
Ok, but maybe that is the going price now, that's why he put it up for sale :)
The prices are dropping dramaticly it seems, all brands, in these hard days.

You'll find that even in a recession, the high-end stuff retains it's value, whether that's guitars, cars, art, even housing.

There will always be bargains that pop up, but EGF-1200's for 1500 euros, you'll be waiting a long time for another one of those to come round.

The leap in price from a EGF1000 is GIANT since they are not selling for 80000 yen. But that's what rarity does to the prices i guess :)
Yes the luxury houses and 50's LP's will probably stay untouched in the rescession, there's always a market for those.

bart said:
The leap in price from a EGF1000 is GIANT since they are not selling for 80000 yen. But that's what rarity does to the prices i guess :)

exactly...

the other reason that EGF-1000 is not selling at 80000 is because its been refretted, (if thats the one you are looking at,) and that for a dealer loses some value, also EGF-1000's are pretty common in comparison to 1200's so that accounts for a lot, also 80000 + taxes + shipping + fees is nearer 120000.

John..you know me too well.. :oops:

villager said:
no, he made a mistake, believe me, the last one in a shop was 230000 yen, this was a huge bargain...heh..

I don't understand why Yasushi would list an EGF-1200 for only 157,500 yen; that's just insane & is like throwing money down the toilet

And I also don't see why someone in Japan would not have snatched it up, before it was listed on his web site & offered abroad

Specwise 1000 and 1200 don't seem very different, and that can't have been the intention considering the 20000 yen difference.
I'm sometimes very tempted jumping the collectors train, but I'm not going to do it, at least not now :)

specs-wise they are not very different, but if I had to choose to pick up and play a 1000 or a 1200, I would always choose the 1200, thats just my preference. I know I prefer a 1200 over a 1000, but I also choose a 1200 over an 1800 to play sometimes, thats more of a 50/50 thing though..

villager said:
specs-wise they are not very different, but if I had to choose to pick up and play a 1000 or a 1200, I would always choose the 1200, thats just my preference. I know I prefer a 1200 over a 1000, but I also choose a 1200 over an 1800 to play sometimes, thats more of a 50/50 thing though..

Neck size? Pickups? What amp are you playing through and what kind of music do you play?

Here's another one on hold, but no price:
http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=hp&hl=sv&js=n&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.j-guitar.com%2Fsp%2Fsea%2Fview_detail%2Fs12420436.html&sl=ja&tl=en

Latest posts

Back