Love Rocks Information Needed

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ned

Reaction score
If you own a Japanese Love Rocks I would like to ask a favor. Next time you change your strings could you please look in the pickup cavity for a stamped code. If one exists could you please send me the code and the serial number for your guitar.

email: <a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a>

Ned

Hi Ned! Hows life in the Capital? Just thought you shoud know that there is nothing stamped, written etc ...in the cavities of my four Japanese Love Rocks ! This probablly only muddies the water! There is a beauty quiltted top on ebay today , Japanese and great color under a grand. Thanks again for doing this site! Mark in Dallas

Mark,

Things are going OK I guess, got laid off the Friday before XMas.

Interesting about the codes, some Love Rocks have them some don't.

Ned

Ned,I replaced pups in my ast-56.I put fenders instead.I will take a look at them tomorrow.

Yo Ned, So sorry about the lousy Christmas gift you recieved, If you were here or if you return to Big D , I have a great gig for you in the auto industry...You got my prayers tommarow when I play the my# 1flame top and SG at church in the am! I allways thow in something subversive during Praise and Worship , Last Sunday it was the riff to "All the Young Dudes" ! The drummer always catchesme being subversive in church!! Happy Belated B-day and best to your "Crew"

Ned, I'm going to change strings on my 1984 TLS50 gold top in a couple of days. I'll remove the pickup and see if there's anything stamped there. I bought this guitar new in '84 and it's still in the same condition (still have the Tokai tag as well). The serial is 401XXXX so the first digit must be the year of manufacture, it's the only 4 in the serial number. I love this guitar but I don't use it much, strat type guitars are so much more comfortable to play.

Michael

Latest posts

Back