Show us your goldtops!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex gold guns

Reaction score
Ok lets see the shiny, reliced, vintage, Japanese, korean , chinese etc.... mine's coming soon....

may seem like a silly question but does anyone think they sound different to other types?

It will have to be a twins shot, both Honduras mahogany, the CS is one of six made and the goldtop is a one off... :p

1.jpg

Mick

alexg said:
may seem like a silly question but does anyone think they sound different to other types?

Of course it's not a silly question everyone know Golstops sound best, just like white Strats :wink:

IMG_1548.jpg

2007 LS85S & 2003 LS70 (possibly LS60, none of the experts on here seem to know).

Junior & Snowy. 8)

I've finally found a couple of LPs I like, & it's really interesting comparing the P90s with the HBs. Bottom of the range MIJ Tokais must be the best value/quality LPs you can get? Who needs a one piece back?

IMG_1586.jpg

130_3007.jpg

And John is quite right - of course a GT sounds better. And so does a white Strat.

:wink:

Mike

does anyone know what the finish is on my 2007 ls 75 goldtop? it polyurethane or polyester, does anyone think the finish is thick or thin on theirs?

alexg said:
does anyone know what the finish is on my 2007 ls 75 goldtop? it polyurethane or polyester, does anyone think the finish is thick or thin on theirs?

This question was asked quite recently, & someone answered that Tokai use polyurethane. The finish could be a little thinner, to be honest, like on the early/mid 80s Springys & Goldstars. The poly on my GTs is unlikley to wear away very quickly!

JohnA said:
Of course it's not a silly question everyone know Golstops sound best, just like white Strats :wink:

heresy! :lol: (actually, maybe i'm the heretic since i'm probably in the minority...)

With my cheeky bustard hat on...

Stratman - it would be fascinating to hear the P90 versus the PAF GT. Any chance of clips head to head? Pretty please?

No idea how to do all that PC recording stuff, I'm afraid. Don't I spend enough time in front of the PC already? :eek:

stratman323 said:
No idea how to do all that PC recording stuff, I'm afraid. Don't I spend enough time in front of the PC already? :eek:

oh Mike...recording and uploading it to youtube is easier than changing the pickups :D

Hmmm, so they tell me...... :roll:

Anyway, I won't be changing pickups in a b*!%y LP again in a hurry!

stratman323 said:

Quite right too! It was worth an ask... :)

jprr773 said:
anyway, here a youtuber post of a LS85 GT with PAF pickups:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-M1hlFiCMY&fmt=18

Mike... how does yours sound compared with this one... 8)

With all that overdrive on it, it's hard to hear what it sounds like. It's like putting ketchup on a tenderloin :roll: Good verbal review but not much about how it sounds.

Latest posts

Back