Legacy Hammerhead 50 vs Fender Hot Rod Deluxe ($AU prices)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks :) yeah, i know what you mean about prices. There are a couple on ebay at the moment which are so cheap that they might be worth a punt, even if they're terrible. But if they're not, they have a couple of pedals which I wouldn't mind having, just wouldn't use enough to pay ?60+...

At the price they are, they must be worth a shot, here's an interesting thread:

http://www.bossarea.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3936

yeah, that's what i was thinking, there are a couple (not overdrives) on ebay going for even less than the one you linked to.

thanks for the link, too :)

Dave_Mc said:
yeah, that's what i was thinking, there are a couple (not overdrives) on ebay going for even less than the one you linked to.

thanks for the link, too :)

I've seen the delay and chorus starting at a tenner, were you going to have a bid? If not I quite fancy the delay!

Yeah, those were the two I saw, I figured I'd try the ones at a tenner first. Someone else was selling a new wah at around the same price too, but said they didn't ship overseas- I'd need to check to see if they consider Northern Ireland overseas, as some people consider it overseas, others (like Royal Mail) don't.

I hadn't really decided which to go for yet, out of the chorus or delay- I've already got a digital delay, and an analogue and a digital chorus. I was thinking of maybe emailing the seller just to check if they're analogue, then I'll see. But you're right, there's no point in getting into a bidding war over it. I'll have a think about it overnight and let you know tomorrow...

:)

I was just about to say the same thing :lol: You spotted them, so you should have first refusal :) I'll email the guys on ebay, just to see if they're really analogue, and I'll let you know their answer... EDIT: ok, emailed, with any luck I'll get an answer tomorrow. :)

JohnA said:
Dave_Mc said:
tubescreamers have always been really dear here, since i started playing anyway... :lol: load of people make them, or very similar, for less money...

Anyone wanting a tube-screamer without spending heaps should try a Daphon Overdrive, they are about 20 pounds and sound so close to a TS808 it's remarkable!

Yeah I've seen all the modified TS clones on eBay and I was pretty tempted by a lot of them. The reason I wanted a genuine one is that I tested a few at a shop a couple of months ago (MI Audio Blue Boy, Alberta something-or-other, TS9, TS808) and the 808 was head and shoulders above the others to my ears, but stupidly expensive. I told myself I wasn't paying more than $200 for a pedal so when I saw one on eBay I grabbed it.

keir, there's nothing at all wrong with an original TS808, fantastic pedals, but as you say a bit expensive. If you got it at a good price, well done!

I was just pointing out that the Daphon OD's are almost as good for a lot less cash.

JohnA said:
keir, there's nothing at all wrong with an original TS808, fantastic pedals, but as you say a bit expensive. If you got it at a good price, well done!

I was just pointing out that the Daphon OD's are almost as good for a lot less cash.

Oh, I certainly believe you - if there was one in the shop the day I was testing them, I probably would have bought it. In fact I was hoping that the MI Audio would sound nice because it was 2nd hand, apparently highly regarded and a LOT cheaper than the rest that were there. But alas, the Ibanez was better that day.

Believe me, I'll almost always go the cheap option. I have, since my re-entry into the world of guitars, spent under AU$2000 and have now got

- A 1982 Silver Star SS48 ($750)
- A 2008 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe ($800)
- An Epiphone Valve Jr combo (V3) ($200)
- A genuine brand new TS-808 ($200)

Mostly paid for by the government's stimulus package! God bless you, K-Rudd.

BAHHHH...all the sandgropers got stimulated by Ruddy...WHEN'S QLD TURN THAT'S WHAT I WANNA KNOW..!!! :evil:

Latest posts

Back