Replacement tuners for Love Rock

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
digbystar said:
I have sperzel locking I put on my Gretsch and the are simply awesome. check them out.
and with locking I can change my strings in minutes, all of them. It make stage string changes a 60 second ordeal.

Not my thing. I feel a psychopathic pleasure coiling the string around the post.

The choice is either better quality Klusons with the metal button head

If you find any let me know where. Gotoh is better than current Klusons. As far as I know, original Kluson factory closed losng time ago. Next somebody purchased the brand name and patents and started to produce re-issues in its own facilities.

ganzua said:
The choice is either better quality Klusons with the metal button head

If you find any let me know where.

Somebody on here has a set - they posted pics a few days ago, but I can't remember which thread it was in. Can anyone else remember?

togps said:
ganzua said:
Next somebody purchased the brand name and patents and started to produce re-issues in its own facilities.
Tonepros AFAIK?

Right now Kluson is owned by wdmusic;

http://www.kluson.com/CONTACT.htm

... but as you can read there, they have licensed the patent to tonepro. Therefore, one thing is Klusons and another thing Tonepro Kluson.

Somebody on here has a set - they posted pics a few days ago

It would be nice to find a Gotoh dealer in Europe to get metric parts. :D

I have not clear yet if tokai tuners must be metric or what ???

I thought all Tokai parts were metric?

Surely the whole world is metric, apart from the US? The UK has walked a strange line halfway between the two since the 70s, & I think we must be the only country that uses both metric & imperial. I buy petrol in litres, but my car's dashboard display tells me my fuel consumption in miles per gallon!

And it's a German car assembled by the Spanish, & designed by an Italian.....

:eek:

stratman323 said:
I thought all Tokai parts were metric?

I don't know. You can fit some parts that are the same for imperial and metric guitars, for example Gibson pickups fit Tokai rings. Togps' bridges fit an imperial guitar. I didn't try a new set of tuners yet, mostly because I don't know if I need a specifically metric set or what.

stratman323 said:
I buy petrol in litres

and you buy beer in paints. :lol: What the hell, I'd love to buy petrol in gallons.

stratman323 said:
but my car's dashboard display tells me my fuel consumption in miles per gallon!

My car reads litres but it doesn't say how many, you just can see 5 lines; full, 3/4, half, 1/4 and empty. Same as my stomach with the beers that come by paints. It would be the same if they came by gallons or litres.

I've ordered the TonePros/Kluson TPKB3L Locking Tuners with chrome top.
I expect them to fit in my LS160S without having to make any adjustments.

This is what they say:

These are for 25/64" holes with screw-on bushings, would work great for putting Klusons cosmetics back on headstocks drilled for 10mm sealed tuners or replacing the Gibson Deluxes AND adding locking performance. Includes all six tuners and all the hardware required for use.

IMPORTANT SPECS: Requires 25/64" / 10 mm headstock holes. Screw in bushings: if your tuners have a nut and washer around the tuning shaft these will likely fit, measure to be sure.

I hope they work well in my LS160S....

Any thoughts?

stratman323 said:
I just wondered why you want locking tuners?

I change strings quite often, some times once a week.
this is my first LP (always fender/strat fashion tuners), so I get easly bored when I have to change strings using that string lock trick :)

stratman323 said:
I definitely don't want locking tuners of any kind, I just don't see the need for them. The choice is either better quality Klusons with the metal button head, or something similar to Grovers. I just can't make up my mind right now.

I used to have a really cool set on my old epiphone - Gotoh SG's. Sealed but not as heavy as the Grovers, a slightly more modern look.

I think they were 301's but I can't be sure. I'll dig around my old parts bin next time I'm at my folks' house.

I change strings before every show, or every other, that could be daily when touring. then locking seam really nice!

I think changing strings for every show is a total waste of time. Strings soften after a couple of days and develop a warmer tone . I am fussy as hell about tone, so if i thought that new strings would be an improvement i would do this as well.
My guitars stay in tune after bedding in my strings, {and i am hard on strings} so i see no point in taking them of until they start to deaden slightly or even break. The trick is to keep them clean and don't let any sweat and skin build up on them, they last well.

Mick

Well, it has nothing to do with tuners and it should be nice to find a European Gotho dealer... but I change strings every 3-6 months :lol:

I try to keep them dry after playing. Obviously, there is a point when they lose all intonation and you have to change them.

leadguitar_323 said:
I think changing strings for every show is a total waste of time. Strings soften after a couple of days and develop a warmer tone . I am fussy as hell about tone, so if i thought that new strings would be an improvement i would do this as well.
My guitars stay in tune after bedding in my strings, {and i am hard on strings} so i see no point in taking them of until they start to deaden slightly or even break. The trick is to keep them clean and don't let any sweat and skin build up on them, they last well.

Mick

+ 1 Mick - I agree with every word. I used to worry about breaking strings, so I would put on a new set before each (infrequent) gig. Then I reached the same conclusion as Mick.

Yeah I agree, I was just try to be funny. I used to change them all the time out of fear and the fact I only have one guitar with me. Now I just use the locking because If I break a string on stage I can be back up in about a minute. Sorry for pushing buttons. I belong to a couple of forums and each one has a different feel.

I like Gotho!

Funnily enough, the bass player & leader of the band I'm in broke a D string at last night's gig. Took him ages to fit a new one & get into tune again, so maybe he now understands why I take either two or three guitars to each gig. I wouldn't think about gigging without a spare guitar.

Back